Thread: A ride to Rocky Mountain National Park

CO_G30

A ride to Rocky Mountain National Park

Sunny weather today made my ride to the Rocky Mountain National Park quite enjoyable in spite of the cool weather. In true typical Colorado fashion, the temps ranged from the low 30s in the mountains to 60s in the front range. More details in my blog for those who are interested. Here's my favorite pic from today's ride.

Location is the Bear Lake Trailhead parking lot within the park. Could not make it over to Milner Pass and the Continental Divide as the road was closed for winter.
    Last edited by co_g30; 11-06-2006 at 01:56 AM.

That is a great pic co_g30. Rode through the park a couple of times this year. First time to do so in years and I was impressed with its grandeur, reminded why it is a National Park.

Rally Rat
    Agreed, sweet pic!

Last time I was there was August 2005. Took Airhead GS up Fall River Pass road with my g/f on the back, and with a buddy on an Oilhead GS alongside. Good memories - I only get to go there once in a while.

Next visit to Denver is prolly 2008, possibly in a Jeep Wrangler.

Doug Grosjean
    Pemberville OH

That trip and your shots are great. I'm marking my Colorado map thanks to you. Thanks for sharing.

I'm curious about your new hand warmers. It looks like you stick your hands down into them and they are permanently mounted. I'm trying to think if there might ever be a time when you might need to quickly raise your hand off of the bar for some reason. Could that ever be a problem?

CO_G30
    Quote Originally Posted by RTRandy
    That trip and your shots are great. I'm marking my Colorado map thanks to you. Thanks for sharing.

I'm curious about your new hand warmers. It looks like you stick your hands down into them and they are permanently mounted. I'm trying to think if there might ever be a time when you might need to quickly raise your hand off of the bar for some reason. Could that ever be a problem?
    Thanks for the kind comments, RTRandy.

Re the handwarmers, tried them out today. Temps in the mid-30s, wore my summer gloves and used the hand warmers. I was able to take my hands out and place them back within easily. For instance, taking my right hand out to raise my visor at lights, so no issue with that so far. I just slide my hands out, there's nothing to snag at you. A little bit snug, which I will fix tonight by lengthening the opening through which the controls slip through, so I can more easily reach the turn signal tabs. Not an issue, just want it less snug.

As to their performance so far, had the grips on low heat and my hands were toasty the whole ride in to work, almost starting to sweat even by the end of the ride.