• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally Tour Questions

BeerTeam

Ambassador
Rally Tour Questions & Info

The Port Washington BMW Club will be doing Hospitality and Tours. If you have any 2007 National Rally Tour questions ask them here. I am sure Hospitality Co-chairs Paula, Morgen, Magilla, or Rally Chairs Brian and Sue will get an answer to you soon.

Many tour questions can not be answered till Spring, when the Wisconsin Department of Transportation decides which road will need construction and repairs.

106211370-L.jpg

Last edited:
Some questions

Questions?

Is the rally going to be in the state park?
If you camp in the park can you walk to the rally site?
If I look at the map of the state park where is the rally going to be, there is a southern, a nothern 1,2 and 3 area?
Thank ou for the information.
Kevin

2007 Rally Questions

Paula and I will try to answer 2007 Wisconsin Rally questions in the Rally Tour forum.

Pleae be aware that neither of us is a Medical Professional, Lawyer, nor financial advisor, and we are not authorized in any state to practice Medicine, Prescribe specific treatments, Offer leagal opinions, not financial advice of any kind. All information and advice is provided free of charge and is deemed to be WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Please use any information provided at your own risk.

M

Where is 2007 Rally

KevinGS Questions?

Is the rally going to be in the state park?
If you camp in the park can you walk to the rally site?
If I look at the map of the state park where is the rally going to be, there is a southern, a nothern 1,2 and 3 area?
Thank ou for the information.
Kevin

Kevin -

I think you may have seen the 2006 Rally Site, which included campling before the rally at an off site state park.

The 2007 Rally in Wisconsin is not being held at a State Park, but at the Washington County Fair Park, which is a Fair Grounds. There is ample camping on the Rally Grounds, so I do not think you will need to camp off site.

The Groounds are appx 5 miles SOUTH of West Bend WI, on Co Rd PP, about 1/6 Mi East of Hwy 45.

West Bend is 30 minutes (34 miles) North (slightly W) of Milwaukee.
73 Mi EastxNE of Madison, about 90 minutes.
90 Mi SSW of Green Bay, about 90 minutes (less traffic...)

I found this link from Jeff Dean to be very complete, and it provides both a map to the Fair Grounds and a map of the fair grounds, as well as pictures of local interest.

http://jeff.dean.home.att.net/2007_rally.htm

I hope this will answer most of your questions, but I will keep an eye on the site here in case you still have unaswered quesitons.

Attachments

• 100_1881 web.jpg
    100_1881 web.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 234
Prior to 2004 the average attendance was around 6,500, with the record of 7,200 being held by York, PA and Charleston, WV.

But the last two years have grown rapidly:

In 2005, we had 8,300
In 2006, we had 9,300

In 2007 --- ? ? ? ? ?

I was kind of wondering if some brat filled local would sponsor the ride and guidance for the day.
IÔÇÖve headed out for a few of them but end up missing them.
Mix in a few cards and make it a poker run ???

Doug -

Leading an organized ride from the rally site would be difficult at best, and most probably impossible. THAT, and the liability issue of leading a group with different skills is not something I would recommend at all.

I would encourage you to go to the Wisconsin tourism site and get the rustic roads booklet (free) and plan your own ride. We will also have suggested, self guided rides at hospitality and in your rally program.

:)

Rustic road tour

I have the book. Most rides are short, a few are long.

But an outstanding ride is featured in this months issue of "Rider" .The tour discussed in the magazine outlines a ride that is in the central-western part of Wisconsin, and it is a long one!

By the time a person left the Rally site (early), got to the start of the western rustic roads ride, did the ride, and road back to the rally, one has ridden pretty much the whole day, and possibly into the evening.

Attendees from MN, the northwestern part of WI , and from the northern plains states will probably do chunks of that ride and not even know it!

If you are thinking about approaching WI from the West or Northwest, Think about taking an extra half of a day and by all means review the article in "Rider".

my 0.02

Back