• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Your Favorite Eastern Wisconsin food product: Cheese, Meat, Smoke Fish, Candy, ect

BeerTeam

Ambassador
What is your favorite Eastern Wisconsin food product? Cheese, meat, smoke fish, candy and so forth. Who makes the product & where do you find it?

I will start. I like Held's, because they always have specials, and they have a variety of cheese and sausage from around the State. They are easy to get to, located at Hwy 41 & 144 about 5 miles from the National Rally.

102521179-L.jpg

Can we have two?
BernieÔÇÖs Fine Meats in Port Washington. The Hungarian brats and their smoked bacon.

And the other is LeRoyÔÇÖs meats in Horicon

And any cheese shop with fresh curds.
Ok, thatÔÇÖs three.

Does it have to be eastern Wiscowsin?
Mine would be New Glarus Beer and Lake Louis Beer. :beer :beer :beer

And cheese. LOTS of cheese.

Cheese curds from Wesby and Mullands, brats from.....well many places and lienencugel's :heart Oh and beer battered cheese curds and catfish yum

Sweet Tooth Headquaters

Confections for any Occasions by Joel Bernhard, in down town Theresa.
He created truffles with a center made from Sprecher's Root Beer which were featured at the Wisconsin State Fair this past summer(Hmm was the reply from the front seat rider) and the Pumpkin was really good too. Joel also has created 3 truffles with beer centers(haven't tried them as of yet).
Lots of varieties of chocolates and sweet treats to choose from.

Oakland Ave Gyros...

Excellent gyros on (what else? :doh )Oakland Ave near UW Milwaukee on the NE side....very good and reasonable.

Wisconsin food

Smelt, Most any bar or restaurant in Two Rivers, Port Special pizza and a Large beer at Port Sandy Bay bar in Two Rivers :eat :drink

k75karol said:
NASTY??? How dare you......you've been eating too many fruits and nuts :nyah

:ha

I managed to score some avocado in the airport on the way home.

Whatever kind of cheese was on the cutting board, that was pretty terrific. It was like cheddar that had some kind of Swiss cheese holes in it.

Konop's Meat Market in beautiful, downtown Stangelville. That's where I (along with about a bajillion other hunters) take their deer for primo hot sticks, summer sausage, ring balogna. Not to mention their awesome jerky and other delights.

theres a big meat market in sheboygan, meistfells? or something they have horseradish braunschweiger thats very good, and yaeger sticks, and a whole bunch of other sausages that are good

KBasa said:
Whatever kind of cheese was on the cutting board, that was pretty terrific. It was like cheddar that had some kind of Swiss cheese holes in it.

That was BRICK, from Widmer's Cheese factory. MMmmmmmmmm

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
That was BRICK, from Widmer's Cheese factory. MMmmmmmmmm

That was yummy.

I'll bring some camembert or Marin Brie in Feb., along with a nice NorCal red.

Sharing, you know? :buds

KBasa said:
That was yummy.

I'll bring some camembert or Marin Brie in Feb., along with a nice NorCal red.

Sharing, you know? :buds

cattle.jpg

"Your planning on bringing what across my boarder?...come on gang lets ride to West Bend and head the varmits off."

Back