• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Arizona, Alamo Lake, Co. River, Oatman

D

Dagley

Good for all type of bikes but skip the Alamo Lake portion if sand is a four letter word. The rest is pavement.

Here is a good winter ride if your travels take you to Arizona. I left Phoenix and headed for Alamo Lake only because I had never been there before. If you don't have knobbies, skip this part and just head for Parker, Az. Go north (see map) until you get to the section of old Route 66 which will take you to Oatman.

Oatman is a curious little out of the way place on a section of Old Route 66. It is all but forgotten since it is not really on the way to anywhere (anymore). The story goes that Clark Gable used to come here to play cards with the miners when he wanted a little "away" time.

There is little traffic and you sport bike guys are going to love it. RT's and Lt's continue on to Kingman which is your excuse to continue to Las Vegas. Adventure Bikers look for the dirt road out of Oatman back to the Colorado river. Let me know how that goes because I didn't know about it until I got home.

Here is where to go for the video (you will need a fast connection):
http://dakardag.phanfare.com/
click on the Oatman Albumn
No registration or anything, it should just show the video
(I finally figured out how to upload the videos correctly so if you treid and it said "unavaliable" give it another shot, it should work now)

Cheers,
Dagger :thumb

Attachments

• oat1.jpg
    oat1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Back