• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R100R Mystic numbers?

Not very many, but don't think they're going to become stratospherically-priced collectors items. But, it would be accurate to call one "rare" on eBay.

Red%20Mystic.jpg

That's it, Brad.
There was one at the Falling Leaf Rally....oh wait..you weren't there... :stick :hide

It's basically my bike, but Mystic red and a little sportier...still 980 cc and 60 hp.

It's a less-untilitarian version of The BatBike. It was an attempt at a 'factory custom.' I've only ever seen ONE, although I have a couple of parts from one on my bike. In addition to the different seat, side-covers and tail-cowl, the Mystic also had a different handlebar, instrument panel, and headlamp-mounting than the 'regular' R, and also did not have the R's engine bars (and therefore had a different sidestand as well).

00037320_m.jpg

00037319_m.jpg

I am learning how to use the archives. Could not find specific production numbers. Class is still in session. :lurk

Thanks for the info, and the pictures. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy one in the morning. My hubby is not thrilled but at least I didn't get the immediate negative reaction that I got when I suggested we get a cat. And he says that if I buy the Mystic he gets to ride one of my 3 bikes. Well, that's okay. He can do that if he takes the MSF course, passes it, and gets lots of experience on a beater bike first. So I take all that as a "yes." Pay attention guys... this is female logic in action. :D

I had heard that there were only 270 imported to the U.S. but I don't know if that's true or not.

257 as published. I have number 252. Great bike and I love riding it.
Larry Venezia

Nice to find others out there. Mine is number 024. It's a 1994. First long ride was to the National this year . . .
Just got a custom seat that makes it actually comfortable to ride for a person of normal size! Much better.

53280764141_0129f4ed99_k.jpg

Back