• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Good News-Bad News

godfather

Bad first...Being the can"t leave it alone guy that I am. I wanted to check the fluids on my RT.(after all I have owned it for 6 days now and have done nothing but the inital "ANAL MAN"cleaning job). I was told by the dealer the fluids were fresh, but like I said, I can't leave it alone, so the very first thing I ever do to my very first BMW is check the F/D lube...WTF! The hex head is stripped out! My 6mm wobbles around the hole. I look at it for a while, wiggle the allen socket and feel it start to bite. I use a small hammer and gently tap it in untill it bottoms, say a prayer and turn. Voila! My long winded question is...Is this normal? I am going to the dealer tomorrow (115 miles away) to pick one up, as well as oil filters, plugs, battery tender cord and a few misc. items. By the way, the lube is crystal clear!
Good news...while cleaning I found some receipts for several items done within the last 5 months...New Battery, Tires, Brake Pads all the way around,
Brake fluid (this must have been the control systems too because labor was $198) Air filter, Oil, Trans, and F/D fluids all with synthetic...That Makes Me Happy. They told me the previous owner took good care of it, I guess he did.

Hey Mike,
That's why they recommend taking the filler plug out before taking the drain. If that one is stuck, your are screwed if when the drain comes clean... :stick

Don't know why the hole is so stripped out, I'd buy a new one while you are at the dealer.

Doc

I plan on gettin' one tomorrow while picking up a few other items. I feel a new obsession comming on. It could be worse though...can you say Harley?
Sure glad I'm not a chrome freak.

Back