• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Helmet for 2000 R1000R

candy:

hjc_cl15_hlmt_met_candy_red.gif

wine:

TZ-R%20WINE%20RED.jpg

R:

689%20Mystic%20Red%20Metallic%201995.jpg

isn't a 2000 model year an 1150, which from what i could dig up, is not available in mystic red?

BubbaZanetti said:
isn't a 2000 model year an 1150, which from what i could dig up, is not available in mystic red?

My 2000 was an 1100. It was also a limited edition.

Red is going to be hard to match...maybe you can opt for a contrasting color. Or a graphics helmet with some red in it.

sh-1m2-camrd-200.jpg

BubbaZanetti said:
just get a black helmet, they match EVERYTHING!

Is Shoei black or Arai black a better match for my Metzeler Z6s?!? :bottle

Just kidding. My R11R is a 2000 model. AFAIK the earliest R1150Rs came to the US as 2001 models?

ChicotDave said:
Does anyone have a clue if Mystic Red is closer to Wine Red or Candy Red for a matching helmet?

I've got a mystic red '99 R1100R. In the bright sun it's more like the candy, in the shade/overcast days it's more like the wine. Just what you wanted to hear. Right? Probably doesn't help at all. :)

Silver seems to match large portions of the bike really well. Personally, I go with the bright white with retroreflective stickers, but then I don't care if I clash. Neither does my 'R, she just keeps foolishly starting. :bliss

jacco said:
AFAIK the earliest R1150Rs came to the US as 2001 models?
They arrived in the USA as 2002 models, but were manufactured in 2001. In many other parts of the world, the calendar year of manufacture IS the model year.

Fred
'02 R1150R

ChicotDave said:
Does anyone have a clue if Mystic Red is closer to Wine Red or Candy Red for a matching helmet?

On what part does your R1000R wear a helmet? :stick

Get a WHITE helmet they match everything,

plus people can see you better,, I never understood,this matching paint thing anyway

Back