Thread: Intro for returning ex-member

On the Road

Intro for returning ex-member

Just returned to BMWMOA after a three year absence. I used to have a 1992 K100RS four valve and my wife had a 1994 K75SA. I was forced into an early retirement in 2003 at Boeing in Washington state. We had financed the bikes and couldn't deal with the payments and sold the bikes. At the time I was commuting 100 miles a day and found the K100Rs just to high strung for commuting and touring. But the K75SA was right at home commuting and touring and I wound up riding it most of the time. Things have mellowed out and I just bought a 1992 K75RT.

SNC1923
    Congratulations on your purchase and welcome back to the fold. Good to have you!

Welcome back. See that you're a full timer RV'er. Where do you spend your summers and winters, or don't you return to the same places?
    Dan

Sometimes the worst things turn out to be the BEST things. Glad to see you've made some lemonade and are back!

Retirement is really great!

Welcome!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador Emeritus / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million 100 thousand BMW sMiles

Full timr RV'er, where we park is home. No fixed address or location.
    Jpony,

Welcome back to riding and the club as well. It's nice to see another full time RV'er. We also have a K75RT at this time and it rides on the truck behind the cab on our rig until we get to a parking location. Then we explore using the bike. Works great in places like Yellowstone!!

We're in Wichita right now for an RV conferance of folks who use tow vehicles like ours. We'll be here for about 2 weeks more and see more of the area on the scooter.

A picture of our rig is in the avatar but unfortunately due to the size of the thing the bike is hidden.

Good riding and traveling to you.
    DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
    Author Unknown

USERNAME
    welcome back!

On the Road
    Quote Originally Posted by dancogan
    Welcome back. See that you're a full timer RV'er. Where do you spend your summers and winters, or don't you return to the same places?
    Last year we were in Northerh Ca for the winter (wife had family there) and this year we will be in Florida (we both have family there). We spend summers in the Northwest as we both have family there. We plan to do some Gold prospecting in the south west on the way (the wife needs another K75 Too!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpony56hd
    Last year we were in Northerh Ca for the winter (wife had family there) and this year we will be in Florida (we both have family there). We spend summers in the Northwest as we both have family there. We plan to do some Gold prospecting in the south west on the way (the wife needs another K75 Too!)
    Sounds like you put a bit more than the average mileage on your RV! But isn't that what they're all about?
    Dan

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Welcome back!
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride