• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Intro for returning ex-member

Jpony56hd

Just returned to BMWMOA after a three year absence. I used to have a 1992 K100RS four valve and my wife had a 1994 K75SA. I was forced into an early retirement in 2003 at Boeing in Washington state. We had financed the bikes and couldn't deal with the payments and sold the bikes. At the time I was commuting 100 miles a day and found the K100Rs just to high strung for commuting and touring. But the K75SA was right at home commuting and touring and I wound up riding it most of the time. Things have mellowed out and I just bought a 1992 K75RT.

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome back to the fold. Good to have you!

Welcome back. See that you're a full timer RV'er. Where do you spend your summers and winters, or don't you return to the same places?

Sometimes the worst things turn out to be the BEST things. Glad to see you've made some lemonade and are back!

Retirement is really great!

Welcome!

Voni
sMiling
;)

Jpony,

Welcome back to riding and the club as well. It's nice to see another full time RV'er. We also have a K75RT at this time and it rides on the truck behind the cab on our rig until we get to a parking location. Then we explore using the bike. Works great in places like Yellowstone!! :thumb

We're in Wichita right now for an RV conferance of folks who use tow vehicles like ours. We'll be here for about 2 weeks more and see more of the area on the scooter.

A picture of our rig is in the avatar but unfortunately due to the size of the thing the bike is hidden.

Good riding and traveling to you.

dancogan said:
Welcome back. See that you're a full timer RV'er. Where do you spend your summers and winters, or don't you return to the same places?
Last year we were in Northerh Ca for the winter (wife had family there) and this year we will be in Florida (we both have family there). We spend summers in the Northwest as we both have family there. We plan to do some Gold prospecting in the south west on the way (the wife needs another K75 Too!)

Jpony56hd said:
Last year we were in Northerh Ca for the winter (wife had family there) and this year we will be in Florida (we both have family there). We spend summers in the Northwest as we both have family there. We plan to do some Gold prospecting in the south west on the way (the wife needs another K75 Too!)
Sounds like you put a bit more than the average mileage on your RV! But isn't that what they're all about? :wave

Back