• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What I Like About Riding in The Fall

El Dookey loves to ride.
Took a ride out to the West Coast (that is what we call the Western edge of Michigan that touches Lake Michigan) yesterday morning on one of my favorite roads. The sun was showing up for the most part. It was 42 and kinda windy, but motoring on Leonard from Grand Rapids to Grand Haven helped me realize what I like about fall riding. (The road follows the Grand River for the most part and is a treat to ride.)

What I Like:
1. The bright colors are a gas.
2. Cold, crisp air.
3. No bugs (even close to, or crossing, the river or streams)
4. People talk to you at every stop.
("isn't it too cold to ride", etc. etc.)
5. Seeing the occasional other rider out doing the same.

What do you like about riding in the fall??

No Crowds! Nature's best views are yours to enjoy pretty much all by yourself.

I can break out the leathers for a few months, and leave the warm weather gear in the closet so the bugs will fall off. the colors, and the challenge of the wet leaves on the road. Being able to turn off the helmet vents and not sweat in my helmet.

Leaving early enough to watch the sun come up from the road, and stopping at some diner for a big cholesterol-bomb breakfast once it's warmed enough to peel a layer or open some vents.

lancew said:
Leaving early enough to watch the sun come up from the road...

Watching the sunrise in my mirrors as I head west to someplace new... that's the ticket for me.

Ian

Here in NorCal, the air becomes amazingly clear and we start to get cumulous clouds. The light takes on a magnificent golden shade late in the afternoon and in combination with the clouds, we get amazing sunsets.

From my front yard
124344-M-1.jpg

I'll echo the comment about the nicer temperatures. Here in TexSux we laugh at the guys who park it during December and January, as those are nice cool times here- we park it in July and August because the ambient temps are warmer those months than body temperature so there's no wind-chill effect, in fact, you get hotter in motion than sitting still.
I went out for a leisurely ride in cloudy mid-fifties today and LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I like about the fall are the crisp mornings and cool
days. That cold air sure feels good in the morning.

Ian

Hey Lorazepam - let them pansies hide behind their protective fiberglass. Us reel men will tough it out. (don't care how I contort, I can't fit behind the "eyebrow" faring).

Oh, Brad - that helmet arrangement kicks ass. I also notice a lack of crotch rockets and loud cruisers when the mercury dips.

Back