• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Boulder Jacket

S

SNOONE

My wife wants to dress me up in a new jacket for summer.. She was looking at the BMW Boulder. Can anyone give me a review ?

snoone said:
My wife wants to dress me up in a new jacket for summer.. She was looking at the BMW Boulder. Can anyone give me a review ?

You mean for winter don't you ? It's September and your wife is already thinking of next summer? What a cool wife !

If indeed talking about summer I've really enjoyed my Airflow which I believe is now their new and improved "Venting Machine". They keep you cool, but you still need to throw on a rain suit when the rain comes

This new Boulder model seems to do it all including being waterproof with it's liner. Every clothing item I've bought with the BMW brand has been absolutely super. Top dollar, but truly a big difference over other choices.

Let us know what you end up with and your thoughts after trying it out.

Boulder Jacket

I've been riding with a Boulder jacker for the past eight monts. It has seen 90+ to freezing and light to heavy rain.

The jacket is very versatile and can be used as a year round jacket with the addition of a few layers or heated vest for winter months and removal of the liner for summer months.

On the plus side; very comfortable, versatile, good safety features like the elbow, shoulder and large back armour, high viz stripes, good ventilation and very waterproof.

On the down side: not a good jacket for 90 plus days, very bulky (when store on the bike)

Would I buy this jacket again, heck yes. I just have to find a light version for those few hot and humid summer days.

Cheers,

Denis

boulder jacket

Thanks Denis. I was beginning to wonder why nobody in MOA had one of these jackets. Do you know if it works with BMW pants other than City pants? TIA

Rinty

Back