• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Green Mountain Rally

PAULBACH

The Green Mountain Rally was held this past weekend 9/15 - 9/17.

Click here to visit the rally in Ripton, Vermont

Sample Picture

Attachments

• 0918 VT Rally 008 (2).JPG
    0918 VT Rally 008 (2).JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Glad to see pics, as I had preregistered and then was unable to attend.
I could have SWORN Fred took his camera, but these are the first pics I've seen.

The red hack and red Ducati are Hannu, Leslie, and Tahvo Korhonen from Maine.

The Green Mtn is always one of the highlights of my rally season!

A few photos from my trip.

First stop is Max BMW in NY, when your dealer is 75 miles away, you stop in when you are in the neighborhood for little things like gaskets etc.

97094979-M.jpg

I like the rider in the mirror shots you see, so I gave it a try.

97094983-M.jpg

I think round mirrors provide a sexier photo, and you definitely want to clean your mirror and face shield!

The roads in Vermont are generally pretty bumpy, but once you get used to being bounced around a bit you can really enjoy yourself. Being able to pass legally on double yellow lines is a godsend. It is frustrating for me to be stuck behind slower moving traffic, when there is no one ahead of me the road is mine.

Here is a power plant, situated on a waterfall, that apparently produces power by burning diesel.

97094650-L.jpg

I headed up to Smugglers Notch, which I had missed while at the National.

97095423-M.jpg

I figured as long as I was heading north, I would make a quick stop in Quebec.

97095409-M.jpg

On the way back to the rally site I stopped at a roadside stand for a drink.

97094978-M.jpg

It looks like this bridge should be re-named as it is partially under water.

97094643-M.jpg

Here's a shot from the awards ceremony Saturday Night.

97093768-M.jpg

Saw some old friends, made some new ones, ate a lot of food. Overall it was a great weekend!

Back