• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

new grips

R

RAUB60

I would like to change the rubber hand grips to something more comfortable. Does any grip fit on my 05 LT?

raub60 said:
I would like to change the rubber hand grips to something more comfortable. Does any grip fit on my 05 LT?
Never looked at aftermarket so can't help you there...if you are wanting something with larger diameter, try adding grip puppies or even tennis racket/bike handlebar tape...cheap and also prevents wear of originals. If you have heated grips and want to keep them that way, you will have to do surgery to remove them without messing them up 'lectrics.

grips

Equally inexpensive may be 'O' rings. I bought a bag of 64 of them for $15 in Denver at the IBA National Meet. They are very comfortable.

peterb said:
Equally inexpensive may be 'O' rings. I bought a bag of 64 of them for $15 in Denver at the IBA National Meet. They are very comfortable.

The o rings can be gotten from Excel Cycle Werkes (309) 244-7405. He is a machinist who makes a lot of stuff for the GS as well. Some of his stuff is featured in MCN this month on adding farkles to an R12GS.

raub60 said:

I'm not sure this is what you're looking for but I installed these over my stock grips on my R11RT and have been happy with them. They do add thickness which may or may not be an issue for you. They also affect the heated handgrip operation in that it takes longer for the heat to be felt at my hands.

www.foamtubing.com

No affiliation, usual disclaimer. ymmv.

Back