• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cee Bailey

PineGreen

Yesterday I installed a Cee Bailey 3 piece headlight protector on my 03 RT. The center piece is a no brainer. The amber side pieces are a little more challenging. After some fitting and arranging the right piece,as seen from the riders seat, it went on well, aligned well with the center piece , though at the area where they meet the amber piece is closer to the H/light assy than the center h/light piece by about 1/4 in. The left amber piece didn't fit quite as well. It took a lot more fiddleing to get positioned. I got it on .But, it doesn't line up as closely as the right side. Sticky disks and rubber bumpers have to be positioned in different places. I think the left piece does not have the same radii , and is not as concave. How ever I do like the look. Am concerned with the long term security of the amber pieces though . I guess my first long road trip will tell the tale.
I also installed their #2 windshield with the Euro cut and a light grey tint. It was a snap. Got caught in the rain on the test ride. With the w/shield full up , I got no rain on my torso and the only rain I got on my helmet was what beaded up and blew off the top lip of the w/shield ,and it wasn,t much. Really like the Euro cut . Never did like looking through a w/shield.
:cat

Last edited:
What kind of fit and finish did you get on that windscreen?

How do the compound curves look? Are they symmetrical from one side to the other? The total arc of the screen, is it the same on one side as the other?

How about the radiuses on the edges? Are they cut the same on both sides? Any corners cut sharper than the others?

Got any bulges or blisters around the cut-out?

Orange star is completely different cut than Black star side:

Attachments

• 00000014.jpg
    00000014.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
My w/shield is great. a littlle optical distortion where it bends. Edges are crisply cut and smooth. No blisters anywhere. Holes and area surrounding ,perfect. very symmetrical. Nothing to complain about. Don't mess with Texas. George

Last edited:
Last week I installed a 3 piece Cee Bailey H/light cover on my 03 RT. I had trouble getting the amber outside lenses to stick , I e-mailed them and today I received a new mounting kit from them. Thanks Cee Bailey for the promptness of your product.

Back