Thread: Another Weekend Ride

SNC1923

Another Weekend Ride

It seems that I haven't been riding much lately. My wife and I spent five weeks in Australia this summer (NOT on a bike, unfortunately) so that took a big chunk out of my riding season. Much of the rest of the time, I've been riding local dirt trails with my buddies on our 650s (Kawasaki, KTM, Honda, etc.)

So this weekend, our first cool one of the season, we brought out the road bikes and took an evening dinner ride up to a local mountain destination, Glenville. There 8 of us had dinner at a great restaurant, Hassan O's.

Here we are lined up outside the restaurant.

We had a good meal and lots of yuks. Like most parties without a great deal of advanced planning, it was a lot of fun. During dinner we decided that we would ride to the coast (that's Morro Bay for us) the next day.

Here's my ride at Morro Rock.

After a spirited 100 mile ride across the twisty Hwy 58, it was nice to chill out in the cool, overcast harbor. Here's Kelly and Brad checking out the wildlife.

And the local wildlife checking out Kelly and Brad.

More views at the harbor:

Unfortunately, we were there at breakfast time. Wandering around the harbor, we found several open tubs pumping fresh salt water over tonight's dinner.

Having left the harbor and taking a stroll through town, we happened upon these three CBXs. When's the last time you saw three of these in a row? The two red ones are '78s; the black on is a '79.

How'd you like to do a valve job on this big six?

Nice new vanity plate:

That's it. Not the most exciting ride, but a very enjoyable one, especially after a long, dry summer.

The weekend after Labor Day is the CBX club's meeting in Morro Bay.

Not to pick nits, but the first year of CBX production was 1979. 1979 and 1980 were the two years they were produced in standard trim. In 1981 and 1982, CBX's got a fairing, bags and a ProLink rear suspension.

Beautiful pictures, as usual, Tom.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by KBasa
    The weekend after Labor Day is the CBX club's meeting in Morro Bay.
    Who knew?

Not to pick nits, but the first year of CBX production was 1979. 1979 and 1980 were the two years they were produced in standard trim. In 1981 and 1982, CBX's got a fairing, bags and a ProLink rear suspension.
    We had to look at the frame numbers as none of us had any idea. I was going by memory, but no doubt you're right.

I saw one of those blue CBXs (faired with bags) earlier in the day. Now I understand why. . . . I just thought it was some kind of cosmic coincidence.

Beautiful pictures, as usual, Tom.
    Thx!

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar

Thumbs up

Nice pics Tom, I like the two of your bike with boat (POTW) quality

Doc
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg
    Where is this wonderful place where there is no grime on any machine ? Clean bikes, clean cages, clean boats, and clean sea creatures. AND A CLEAN GS............ Atleast the street is dirty.
    Central coastal California.

It hasn't rained in a few months now.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

JWHITE518
    Great pix! I really liked this one.

http://SNC1923.smugmug.com/photos/94591322-M.jpg