• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

04 R 1100s New Exhaust

RIDE4YOU

THE HURRICANE WE HAD HERE IN VIRGINIA HAS BEEN A BLESSING AND A CURSE.I am too busy to ride,working seven days aweek to try to catch up with all the repair work that has come from the storm.another three weeks i should be caught up.the good part is that it has made buying accesories easy.i am wondering what exhaust i should put on my 2004 r1100s.since cost isnt a factor at this time what is the best.Ztecnic Two brothers any others?i dont want to change the chip if i dont need to .any other parts that you could recommend?i have ordered lower pegs higher bars dark windscreen.the list of carbon fiber parts dont do much for me however i will get a hugger with new exhaust.burning a hole in my pocket help me spend befor my wife does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks,Wayne

Greetings,

I am a fan of Staintune. You get the removable silencer which means that you can choose how nasty and where. With the silencer in it is just a little more throaty than stock, removed it is a good bark but still not as loud as the two bros (in my untrained opinion).

If you really want to make your S special get the hugger color matched, pick up a set of city lids and get them color matched (if you use system cases that is) throw in some Ohlins and a Staintune and man o man! Another good mod is to get the headers coated. This looks great and never blues, fades etc all for around $100. If you do not have a steering dampner this is also a nice add on. Of course if the bike is black forget the color match stuff as the hugger and lids are already black.

While many will disagree I really don't buy into the whole HP gain claims especially when no chip change is involved. If you are chasing performance gains you will spend much to get little however if it is better sound there are many good choices. If you spend a few grand chasing hp the only time you will really know is on the dyno, not the street in my opinion.

Best,

Rob Nye
Former S owner

thanks for the input Rob.Ilike the option of having a removable silancer. iwould be able to let the "animal"out of the cage from time to time.and be able to tame her on long rides.the coating you spoke of is that ordered with the pipe or is it a aftermarket product?not looking for big hp gain at almost 100hp and my skinny butt it moves fine!thanks wayne:bliss

Back