Thread: Adjusting The Shift Lever

Adjusting The Shift Lever

I just bought a new pair of riding boots and the toe is too high to comfortable fit under the shift lever. It looks like it is adjustable from the back side but lots of mechanicals in the road. Do any of you know an easy way to adjust the shift lever so there is more toe room?

Thanks

Dan Forker

Quote Originally Posted by dan_forker
    I just bought a new pair of riding boots and the toe is too high to comfortable fit under the shift lever. It looks like it is adjustable from the back side but lots of mechanicals in the road. Do any of you know an easy way to adjust the shift lever so there is more toe room?

Thanks

Dan Forker

What kind of bike is it? It will be an easy adjustment, the process will be according to the type though.

That's my mistake. It is a R1200RT. It looks like there is an adjustment rod behind the through bolt that the shift lever attaches to but to get to it the cover that the passenger and rider foot pegs attach to has to be removed. Any idea what the torque setting are for the three bolts that attach that cover? Seems like it should be put back and torqued correctly since those foot pegs attach to it.

Dan Forker
    Last edited by dan_forker; 08-30-2006 at 03:08 AM. Reason: add content