• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I have the best wife!

THREEFLYS

Well I finally made it to San Diego, got my steering head bearings replaced in my K100RS and went for a ride. OMG it was hot! The K heater was just roasting me! Yesterday BMW San Diego had an open house with demo rides, so of course I had to go check it out! I had rode a R1200GS before (and SFDOC's 1150GS) and thought it was kinda big/tall (I had just stopped riding a Ninja 500!). But I thought I'd try it again since I obviously need a naked bike down here in SoCal! Well, I rode it and LOVED it! Now the best part, I came home and told my wife what a difference it was riding the GS, it had to be 20 degrees cooler. I told her I found the bike I wanted! She actually said when she gets a job(should find out Tuesday about a teaching job), we'll look at getting me one! :hug :thumb :dance :buds :) All this even though she would me rather not ride a bike at all! I don't think I could have asked for a better wife! Now I gotta start looking at all the goodies!
Wish her luck on her job prospect!
Chris

SFDOC said:
I hope Sherry gets the job!

What color is the "cool"est one!

Russ

For some reason the Yellow gets me going! But, it will probley be whatever color I can get the best deal on!
Chris

In the cool wives dept. I have to say that mine is right up there. She doesn't ride with me very often, but she refuses to let me sell one of my old airheads. There have been times when we needed cash, or I had a hankering for something different, but she wouldn't allow me to sell. She has seen firsthand the amount of love, labor, and cash I have put into them, and she also knows how much I like the old bikes. Maybe sub-conciously she thinks that if I replace an old bike I might want to replace an old wife. Never happen.

You're spending "How much did that set you back?"

and you're going to haggle over color.

Get the yellow one (better in traffic anyway)

I'd go with system cases for now, cheaper than what little extra you can stuff in the expensive one's.

Don't buy lights I have a present for you (PIAA 1200's)

Let us know when the delivery is scheduled.

Russ

Happy Day!

Hooray Chris gets a new bike. Right on that your wife puts aside her fears to enable your motorcycle hobby/lifestyle.

San Diego seems to be treating you well. :wave

sorry
no I have the best wife :hug
after 27 years of my wife not wanting me to ride, and me borrowing bikes and coming home wiht a sheep eating grin
for our wedding 27th anniversary she bought me a pristine arihead
so not only did she buy me a grat arihead, she in a way, gave me permission to ride again, and I am riding riding riding

love her, love the bike
love the bike, love her
hmmmmmmm, what order
love her ( I know its the oilhead forum, but I saw the title best wife, and it is all about BMW and wives or partners isn't it)
not riding right now, cause Im doing paperwork :blah

My Wife's Pretty Good too...

Six weeks after we got married, wife Ruthie co-signed on the BMW Financial Services loan papers for a brand new 1994 R1100RS. 12 years and 5 bikes later, she still doesn't ride much (the hair thing) but always encourages me to enjoy my bikes. She also tolerates additions to the gun safe now and again. What's not to like?

Mine Too !

After being off bikes for 33 years but always yearning for a Beemer, I told her one day a couple of summers ago that I had found a dealer in the middle of nowhere and had sat on a used Beemer. She said that when I'm on my deathbed when I am 90, the last words out of my mouth will be, "I never got a Beemer." I was then told to go out and find one. It was an excellent way to start retirement.

From the Good Wife Dept.: mine got me PIAA's for my Ural Tourist and my GS. Then she said OK to getting a '75 R90/6 about three weeks ago.

She doesn't ride that much (helmet hair truly bothers some people, who knew?) but supports me taking two-week riding vacations. :hug

I have the best wife EVER!

After meeting my future wife at the New Mexico MSF Instructor prep course, dating for a while, we got married :heart . For a wedding present, I got her a KLR650 just like mine. Fast forward ten years (and many miles later), and we're in Maryland after four years in Germany, courtesy of the USAF, and we check out the Cycle World Motorcycle expo in D.C.

She sits on the new BMW F650GS and F650CS and really, really likes them! Of course, this is in January and it is a little too cold to ride. A couple of months later we're out and about looking at motorcycles. I test ride a new Kawasaki Concours. Nice bike, been looking at them for a while. Wifey says, hey, let's go check out the BMW's we saw at the motorcycle show. Didn't you like one of those? Bob's BMW is just down the road. A couple of test rides later, we're on the way to our first BMW's, hers a 05 F650GS and mine a very slightly used 02 1150GS. That Kawasaki never had a chance!

She rides, she rides, she rides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the BEST best wife. She rides whatever I ride. She says I can have anything I want as long as I get two of them.

The best wife ever, part two

Oh yeah, I forgot. She let's me stink up the house brewing beer whenever I want. And she HATES beer. How cool is that? :bottle

I think every guy who has a wife that allows us to do things that are contrary to their desires has the best wife. My wife of 9 years :heart , who has known me 10, finally relented a year or so ago to allowing me to get back on a motorcycle. She told me that if I wanted a motorcycle, I would have to save up for it. That was in April or May of last year. I must have done an OK job of saving up because I purchased my RT on 7 January. I picked it up 3 months later (a little thing called ice on the road stopped me from riding earlier). I took her for a few rides and then had her tell me she really doesn't like riding on the back of the bike. We talked some more and I bought her an '06 Kawasaki Vulcan for her to learn on. That hasn't been progressing as quickly as I had hoped. However, I do not believe in pushing things quicker than they should go. I want her to be comfortable and confident. In the meantime, I have a second bike to ride.

So, I don't think any one guy can say he has the best wife (best being a superlative). I think we ALL have the best WIVES. :hug

bubbagazoo said:
...So, I don't think any one guy can say he has the best wife (best being a superlative). I think we ALL have the best WIVES. :hug
As Skynyrd said, "You Got That Right!" :thumb

threeflys, congrats on the potential purchase and I agree with Doc, get the yellow. (nice offer of PIAAs, too!)

bubbagazoo said:
I think every guy who has a wife that allows us to do things that are contrary to their desires has the best wife. My wife of 9 years :heart , who has known me 10, finally relented a year or so ago to allowing me to get back on a motorcycle. She told me that if I wanted a motorcycle, I would have to save up for it. That was in April or May of last year. I must have done an OK job of saving up because I purchased my RT on 7 January. I picked it up 3 months later (a little thing called ice on the road stopped me from riding earlier). I took her for a few rides and then had her tell me she really doesn't like riding on the back of the bike. We talked some more and I bought her an '06 Kawasaki Vulcan for her to learn on. That hasn't been progressing as quickly as I had hoped. However, I do not believe in pushing things quicker than they should go. I want her to be comfortable and confident. In the meantime, I have a second bike to ride.

So, I don't think any one guy can say he has the best wife (best being a superlative). I think we ALL have the best WIVES. :hug

I think I have to agree with Bubbagazoo, my wife doesn't ride much with me except short rides around the home. She too hates sitting on the back of the bike. Said it is very boring staring at the back of my helmet. She is a horsewomen and got me into horses when we met 12 years ago. Thankfully I had my bike then so she knew right up front I rode. She never complains when I take off to a rally or the races and often when I'm toiling away on the farm suggests I take a break and go for a ride. She got together with my kids and purchased a Gerbing liner and glove liners for me last winter. lately I have been showing her the passenger backrests on K1200LT's, Goldwings and Roadkings. She said she might try one, so maybe on a test ride. She immediately said, "but you've got to keep your small bike" She knows I don't like big heavy machines. She's the best, and I think we are all darn lucky.

My wife's great. Her attitude about motorcycles and the time I put into them and clubs is just icing on the cake.

I have the best wife I could ever hope for!

2 Years ago I told my wife I was going to buy a new guitar and she said "why don't you just buy the whole store for goodness sake"? I've been self-employed owning my own music store now for about a year and a half. In October of last year I started looking at R1150RT's on the web with the intention of buying one in the spring or summer. In January my wife comments that bike prices seem to be better in the winter and two weeks later a beautiful 04' 1150RT was sitting in the garage waiting for the spring thaw. When I married her 6 years ago she had never ridden on a bike. We bought an 03' Honda ST1300 in May of '03 and she began riding on the back. The rally this year was the first time we tarvelled longer than a day on the bike. Now she's talking about the next trip and getting a bike of her own eventually. Y'all have great wifes, but for me, mine's the best. :hug :thumb

:type ...this is starting to sound like a wonderful thread about SOs. I started a thread along this line over a year ago here just to gather other people's stories about two-up travel with SOs. I recall at the Redmond rally...in some workshop about travel...that so many in the room were most interested in how my SO (and wife now) managed to share the same saddle for 12,000 miles in 6 weeks (....and with me. But that's another story). At the time she had only about 1,000 miles to her credit on a bike. As well, being somewhat a loner when riding, that trip was a big step for me. But what a joyful step!! After being at the Missoula rally in '98 I promised myself that, in the future, I want to share the adventure not just tell about it. It happened and although all the pictures remain somewhat unsorted and some video clips never got far enough to bore friends, we still sit and talk about the time when...

Sharing the adventure is a grand experience. :clap -Bob

(ps....one point: please never say "the wife". Thanks)

Back