• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMWs in the Movies!

uh...ok, a cop on a Beemer. The movie peek gives me the willies though. Think I'll stick to Grizly Adams, LOL!

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed while watching that trailer...

...somewhere on some forum (I think this one?) there is a thread about BMW moto's in the movies.

My favorite is Pee-Wee's big adventure.

:)

-Xaque-

If you watch Law and Order you've probably noticed Jack McCoy carrying a helmet once in a while, but up until the other night I had never seen him ride. Well, he didn't ride, but he did get off an airhead. Didn't get a really good look at it to determine the model.

Saw the air head and also did not catch the model. What hit me was it was a step up from the Yamaha he has "ridden" in other episodes when a bike appears.

BMW in the movies

Didn't James Bond (Sean Connery) ride a BMW R100RT into a barn just before he blew up Fatima Blush (Barbara Carrera) with a missile pen? Great Stuff! I think it was From Russia With Love.

The Jack McKoy bike was a black R100S with white stripes.

They have to remake The strange and disturbing movie, The Wicker Man, because the mega corporations who run production studios have no new ideas, no creative fire and they are unwilling to take risks. Their formula is to take a classic psychodrama and remake it with chase scenes and explosions. :doh

Bob_M said:
They have to remake The strange and disturbing movie, The Wicker Man, because the mega corporations who run production studios have no new ideas, no creative fire and they are unwilling to take risks. Their formula is to take a classic psychodrama and remake it with chase scenes and explosions. :doh
:ha :ha :ha
Right on, Man!

Didn't James Bond (Sean Connery) ride a BMW R100RT into a barn just before he blew up Fatima Blush (Barbara Carrera) with a missile pen? Great Stuff! I think it was From Russia With Love.
You're *WAY* off Bob. The movie was 1983's Never Say Never Again, which was a 'loose re-make' of Thunderball and was not made by the same producers as the rest of the Bond films. It featured Connery in a toupee (although a rather convincing one), and Adnan Kashoggi's yacht as the Flying Saucer (Disco Volante in Thunderball) The 'barn' was more of a stone building and the bike was not a BMW, but Q said it came from 'our German Friends' and it I thought it looked rather Japanese- but it was kitted up with a lot of secret-agent stuff and I'm not an expert on Japanese stuff.
Interesting film too for the cast. I'm not familiar with most of the cast, but Max Von Sydow played Blofeld, Kim Basinger was Domino (YUMMY!), and Rowan Atkinson was a guy named Nigel Small-Fawcett. I think that Barbara Carrera was definitely in her peak in those days too- MMMMMMMMMMM!!!

You got the pen right though, and earlier in the film another agent said his blew up his face. And the car that Carrera drove just before that scene was a Renault R5 Turbo II, which looked like a tricked-up LeCar but that was where the similarity ended- it had a twin-turbo V6 mounted behind the seats and was a Group-B homologation special. I wanted one for many years. NSNA was also the first film in which I recall seeing retina-scan technology, but Largo's 'World Domination' video game was supremely cheesy.

To bring this back on topic, the only BMW motorcycle I've ever spotted in Bond films was the R1200C in Tomorrow Never Dies.

Last edited:
When I lied no one died

The_Veg said:
You're *WAY* off Bob. The movie was 1983's Never Say Never Again.
:doh

Veg
Not only was I wrong about the film, but I googled around and one report noted that the motorcycle in the chase scene was a tarted out Yamaha 650 Turbo. They say the memory is the first to go and I must be melding James Bond and the secret agent played by James Brolin in the film within the film, Pee Wee's Big Adventure. That motorcycle was definitly an red, 80s vintage BMW R100RT.

What was the side car rig that Indiana Jones and his pop, again played by Sean Connery, rode in during the film Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? They were in Nazi Germany and Spielberg is a gear snob. My (already suspect) memory and wishfull thinking conjur up an image of a side valve BMW.

There's an R1200C at the end of Final Destination, when the lead actor is sitting at the sidewalk cafe in Paris; you just get a glimpse of it in the left hand foreground.

Bob_M said:
... Their formula is to take a classic psychodrama and remake it with chase scenes and explosions.
And boobs! Don't forget the boobs. All movies MUST have chases, explosions and boobs!

flash412 said:
And boobs! Don't forget the boobs. All movies MUST have chases, explosions and boobs!

I don't know Flash... exploding boobs just don't turn me on.

:dunno

-Xaque-

The pansy a$$ guy what's his name (Ben AFFLAC or something?) rode an '04 R1150R (Black/Orange) in the movie Pay Check... (Probably a Stunt double. Why can't I get a job like that!!!)

:violin

SFDOC said:
The pansy a$$ guy what's his name (Ben AFFLAC or something?) rode an '04 R1150R (Black/Orange) in the movie Pay Check... (Probably a Stunt double. Why can't I get a job like that!!!)

Ahhh... but the set up for that scene was great!

Ben and Uma hunting the BMW dealership for the car that the keys open... after some panic Uma puts two and two together and says "we can't find it because it's not a car"

Cut to both of them 2-up on a Rockster exploding through a plate glass window.

I wonder for how many people in the theater that was their first exposure to BMW's 2-wheeled division. Great introduction if you ask me! ;)

-Xaque-

And let's not forget the Oilhead RT-P's in that crappy new version of The Italian Job, and the Airhead RT-P in The Bourne Supremacy.
I also want to eat my words about BMW's in James Bond movies- now that I think about it, I think there were some police models in Octopussy, since I seem to recall some chase scenes on German streets- but it's been a few years since I've seen it so I'll have to make a trip to Blockbuster to be sure about that.

In the Jewel of the Nile, with Mike Douglas and Kathleen Turner, Mike rides in one of the scenes on an Orange BMW.

SFDOC said:

My two favorite parts of that scene (with the utmost sarcasm) the bullets glancing off the back of the bike, and Uma taking off her helmet and throwing it back through the windshield with perfect precision to go through the windshield hit the pursuing officer it the face and render him unconcious. :sick

I am sure about the stunt double part, but I believe Affleck has owned in the past or does own a BMW of the two wheeled ilk.

There is a movie starring me and my wife along with my 100rs and 1100rs. I don't think my wife would want me too show it though. :ha

Back