Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BMWs in the Movies!

And let's not forget the Oilhead RT-P's in that crappy new version of The Italian Job, and the Airhead RT-P in The Bourne Supremacy.
    I also want to eat my words about BMW's in James Bond movies- now that I think about it, I think there were some police models in Octopussy, since I seem to recall some chase scenes on German streets- but it's been a few years since I've seen it so I'll have to make a trip to Blockbuster to be sure about that.
    2012 R1200GS
    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad
    http://www.thethingaboutcars.com/

userw5
    In the Jewel of the Nile, with Mike Douglas and Kathleen Turner, Mike rides in one of the scenes on an Orange BMW.

belquar
    Quote Originally Posted by SFDOC
    The pansy a$$ guy what's his name (Ben AFFLAC or something?) rode an '04 R1150R (Black/Orange) in the movie Pay Check... (Probably a Stunt double. Why can't I get a job like that!!!)

My two favorite parts of that scene (with the utmost sarcasm) the bullets glancing off the back of the bike, and Uma taking off her helmet and throwing it back through the windshield with perfect precision to go through the windshield hit the pursuing officer it the face and render him unconcious.

I am sure about the stunt double part, but I believe Affleck has owned in the past or does own a BMW of the two wheeled ilk.

I think Jeremy Irons is on a BMW in the 4th Angel, but I don't remember what model.

There is a movie starring me and my wife along with my 100rs and 1100rs. I don't think my wife would want me too show it though.
    BMW Touring Club Detroit, Ambassador
    BMWMOAF, Past Director
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote
    2017 National Rally Co-Chair, Salt Lake City, Utah

OUTBACKUFO
    for you all that like old 60's ski moives... there is a movie call "Scrapple" that has the main character riding a R35 with side car in the whole movie.. it is based in Ophir and Telluride back when it was a small town..

Crow18
    So one of the guys on Fox's Prison Break series is riding some sort of old-style airhead. All black, no markings. Can't tell if it's a restored R75 or a Ural without a sidecar or what.

Crow, have I got news for you. I can say with certainty that the bike in question is a Ural- I saw the bike used in the show up-close and personal yesterday, even got to hear it run and had a nice chat with one of the transpo-guys about it. Prison Break is produced here in Dallas and I spent yesterday doing some side-work at the show's production office. The guy I spoke with said that they do have a sidecar for it too stashed away somewhere. The bike has an Earles-type fork with a rather meaty-looking front disc with an equally meaty-looking Brembo caliper. I seriously doubt that that is the stock brake setup. Speaking of brakes, the guy I spoke with later complained about getting WAY too dirty trying to rig up brake systems on a pair of Ramblers to be used in a chse-scene that will be shot this week. My big questions was, "where on Earth do you find a PAIR of Ramblers???"

And while I'm ressurecting this thread, who remembers the R65LS from The Day After?
    2012 R1200GS

belquar
    You may laugh.

The Other Sister with Giovanni Ribisi and Juliette Lewis has a Ivory R1200C in it. Towards the end of the movie, Ribisi gets picked up while hitchhiking in the rain by the bike.

Hooper?

Just saw Hooper this weekend, again. Did the motorcycle cop that gets yanked off his ride have a bmw? I'm not too good on the models, but the tank looked familiar. Funny thing was, in the scene when BR goes by on the highway in reverse, the rear of the bike looks like a HD. You don't suppose they switched to wreck a bmw instead of a harley?

Bikes, Guitars, and ... beemokat's Avatar

"Mystery Men"

The Ben Stiller character rides a Slash 2.
    I hope I've gotten the title right. Should have probably checked
    www.imdb.com
    first.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

The cop-bike in Hooper was a Moto Guzzi. I think CHP used them in the early '70s, but Hooper was made in 1978 and at that time Ponch & Jon were on Kawasakis (I have no idea what the real CHiPs were riding in '78). Not sure if the guy in Hooper was supposed to be a local or a CHiP.

BTW the part in Hooper where all the red brick buildings get blown up was filmed across the street from my elementary school when I was in fourth grade. Pretty exciting times in Tuscaloosa.
    2012 R1200GS

Thanks on the Hooper info. I guess i could have replayed the scene until I saw it.
    Fast times at Tuscaloosa Elem- that was one of the good parts of the movie.

Dave

Actually, the CHP never used Guzzis. But the LA Police rode them in the 70s, had a whole fleet of them. El Dorados, I think, were the model they used, a 750.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Daver90s

Cheech and Chong

Tommy Chong gets a ride on the back of an airhead in Cheech and Chong's Next Movie - not sure what model- - /5 maybe? or an R50
    Last edited by Daver90s; 10-03-2006 at 03:04 PM.