• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Throttle Lock for f 650

bruce
I was out on my sons F 650 yesterday for a lengthy ride and was annoyed with the throttle not having a lock/cruise device. Where do I find such a device. I was looking on the web yesterday and all I could find was Throttlemeister's for the later model F 650's, nothing was listed for 1999.
Bruce

Use the Search tool

Hi

If you use the Search tool and enter "throttle lock" all will be revealed.

You have many options from an O ring to a fancy electronic whizbang.

I use the simple wriist rest. Inexpensive, easy to install and can be adjusted on the move.

flash412 said:
Throttle Rockers suck. They had to redesign them due to patent issues. The new ones use velcro and are useless.

If you liked the original TR, get the REAL DEAL from the folks who hold the patent, www.crampbuster.com.

Hmmm, I had the velcro model and it worked quite well (lost it somewhere), BUT if the great and powerful Flash says it sucks it must so....
Chris

Last edited:
throttle miester

I have a Throttle Miester on my '99 and it works fine. Takes a little practice, but is nice to have on long stretches. I'd recommend you email them for the right model.

flash412 said:
Throttle Rockers suck. They had to redesign them due to patent issues. The new ones use velcro and are useless.

If you liked the original TR, get the REAL DEAL from the folks who hold the patent, www.crampbuster.com.

AGREED
:thumb
The new ones just slide around- out of position. Then they just make good conversation...

Kutch

Flash forgot to tell me that the ThrottleRocker II was a POS so I bought one last spring. :nono

I'd have to rate it as a semi-POS. It works but it tends to move after a while. On a 1K trip, I had to readjust it once. And I noticed recently that it needs another slight adjustment.

Next time, I'll get the original item.

fauster said:
Flash forgot to tell me that the ThrottleRocker II was a POS so I bought one last spring. :nono

I'd have to rate it as a semi-POS. It works but it tends to move after a while. On a 1K trip, I had to readjust it once. And I noticed recently that it needs another slight adjustment.

Next time, I'll get the original item.

I wonder if mine worked so well because I have foam grips? I did notice I had to really tighten the velcro down, but once I did it was fine.
Chris

Had the velcro version and it sucked. Got a throttlemeister and never looked back. As bar end weights they look cool too.
Cheers, Greg

I prefer the old style Throttle Rocker to the new one. The velcro version takes more work to get it adjusted right. I need two hands and all of my weight to pull the material super tight before I velcro it down. If I have gloves on or am sitting on the bike, it just doesn't seem to stay in the right position for very long. Even then 2 hours is about the max and for LD rides that's not good enough. For shorter trips it's fine. I guess I need to switch over to the cramp buster.

Back