• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Covering the CLC

HELLIOTT

Has anyone dealt with the problem of covering the CLC that's posed by the antenna? How hard would it be to disconnect the antenna and lay it down under the cover. If I have to put a grommet in the cover for the antenna to go through, not only will it be a PITA, but it sort of defeats one of the purposes -- security/camouflage.

Hall

I use a Dowco cover that I cut a hole in for the antenna. I haven't yet put in a grommet or had the edge of the hole stiched up and it works just fine...much easier than taking on/off the antenna every day. My dealer tried to bend the antenna over to go under the cover and they bent the whip on their unit.

I solved my problem when I realized how easy it is to unscrew the antenna whip and lay it down under the cover. Can't see how threading it through a grommet would be easier, but different strokes for different folks.

Back