• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2006 Western Trip Pictures and Route Info

Chrisrides

Thanks for forum members for helping me to find a program that would resize my pix so I can finally get some uploaded. This first post is the final test to see if I can do this right. This is a pic of Lake Stanley in Idaho ... one of our trip spots ... just gorgeous!!

Attachments

• Lake Stanley.jpg
    Lake Stanley.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 117
Transcanada Highway ...

Ok - this isn't really the TC highway, but really close by ... out in Manitoba

Attachments

• TC Highway.jpg
    TC Highway.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 105
ready to leave

as you can tell by now i'm not putting these in any order ... this was taken at the start of our trip in upstate NY. my bike is the ST and my dad has the RT.

also - making pix a bit larger and hopefully easier to see

Attachments

• ready to depart.jpg
    ready to depart.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 103
of all places ...

Rode across the country and hadn't seen an easterner for quite some time .. by car or any other means of transport. Role into first rest stop in Idaho and up comes a lone harley guy from Syracuse, NY ... go figure ...

Attachments

• in idaho.jpg
    in idaho.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 92
fast!!

met this couple heading into Colorado ... guy said he had just had the bike up to 150 mph!! no wonder folks can do a 1000 miles in a day out west!

he had a real nice set of kessler bags on the K bike and turned it into a reasonable long distance machine.

Attachments

• fast.jpg
    fast.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 92
edge of the world ...

hmmm... need to start a fire ... hey, there's 1 tree left ...

cool shot from top of craters of moon park

Attachments

• the edge.jpg
    the edge.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 90
Back