• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Finally got it all right!

deanzat

It's been almost one year since I got back into riding with the purchase of a 2001 1150GS with 36,000 miles on it. As some of you may recall, I've had a lot of buyer's remorse, dealing with vibration, oil leaking, and generally poor performance (including a recent drop to 30 miles per gallon).

But that's all over now. The oil leak turned out to be a loose bolt that everyone assumed someone else had checked. The rest of the issues seemed to emanate from a more subtle problem: an air leak where the throttle body meets the head. Oh, and the air filter was totally filthy; another item everyone thought someone else had checked.

So, after one year and 10k miles, I put some new tires on and WHOA! I've finally got the motorcycle I was dreaming of last August! It's fast, it's smooth, it's nimble, and it's not spraying oil all over my boot.

I'm so happy! DZ

Dean, very happy to hear that. I'm glad you stuck with it until making it right. I wonder WTF your mechanic was doing? And I wonder WTF the PO did to FIU so bad before selling it?

Anyway, glad to hear you are having fun with your GS.

I really like the "Friday Thread", keep it up and post some great trips over there.

When you coming to Washingmachine state? (That will be longer than a day!)

Doc

That's a different Dean, but thanks. Now that I've seen his thread I'll have to keep an eye out for him every Friday; seems like he's in my neck of the woods pretty often. DZ

SFDOC said:
Dean, very happy to hear that. I'm glad you stuck with it until making it right. I wonder WTF your mechanic was doing? And I wonder WTF the PO did to FIU so bad before selling it?

Anyway, glad to hear you are having fun with your GS.

I really like the "Friday Thread", keep it up and post some great trips over there.

When you coming to Washingmachine state? (That will be longer than a day!)

Doc

Back