• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Boots.....again

Oxtar

I got my Oxtar boots, used, on ebay... love em. Even with a broken zipper, they kept me dry through 400 miles of rain in June!

wanderer said:
Yep, it's the picture of the Thunder sole. Darn I just can't remember who, but one of the major internet sites notes with an * that the On Roads in 14 and 15s have a different sole that is the one on the Thunders.

Frank , have you had your Thunders long? How are the soles wearing?

I've got about 4K miles on them since June and they show little wear. The sole material is harder than the On Roads and should wear well. The On Road is resoleable, however.

Wide sizes

Greetings. Apparently, I am the only motorcyclist who is vexed with extraordinarily wide dogs (8 1/2 EEE). Is there a manufacturer who catalogues riding boots in ex-wide sizes, or should I be content with the outdoor/hunting boots I buy from Cabelas' ? Thanks.

YO, Wildwilly

Wow !!! I think it's probably easier for me with my 14's than having EEE's. Oxtar's run widder than most but you would have to try them on. Many here have had good luck with Red Wings but obviously they lack some of the features of dedicated motorcycle boots. They are available in a wide variety of sizes and some models include heavy leather and Goretex. My winter riding boots are Danners with 600 grams of Thinsulate and a double Goretex sock. They are also made of 3mm leather. (They work well for me because they come in 14 narrow.) Nice and toasty warm and dry for winter rides. Best of luck! There are some of us that just have to work a bit harder to find gear that works for us than the "average" people.

My riding buddy has a 36 inch inseam and 37 inch arms and is only 6 feet tall. The guy just has fits with riding pants and jackets. It seems we all have our own special problems. :dunno

I have used my Sidi On Roads for a few years, many miles, and some tough rain, like a 6 hour rain squall up the northern peninsula of Newfoundland. They have always been comfortable and dry. I would buy them again.

My only knock would be that they do not have thick ankle protection....

Back