• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

speedometer repair

mgordon

The faceplate is warped on my speedo, and the needle broke off. The speedo works fine, but i'm wondering if it's possible to get access to the front/inside. Probably not, as that would enable people to change odometer. Is this a Palo Alto Speedometer type job? would i be better of buying a used one (there isn't a speedo repair place in town.

mgordon said:
The faceplate is warped on my speedo, and the needle broke off. The speedo works fine, but i'm wondering if it's possible to get access to the front/inside. Probably not, as that would enable people to change odometer. Is this a Palo Alto Speedometer type job? would i be better of buying a used one (there isn't a speedo repair place in town.

I just used Palo Alto Speedometer... they were really informative... mine shot the bucket in AK and had them set the milage on the new one i bought from my dealer to correct mileage from all my documentation from my maps.... they charged me 85$ for the calibration to the actual mileage of the bike on the new unit plus shipping... they do restoration repairs but you will have to talk to them. ph# 650.323.0243

the Speedometers are seal with a glue so you will not be able to easily get in and fix it without leaving more of a mess with out new sealed lids and faceplate... that is what i was told

Back