• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

GS parked on it's side...

Unregistered said:
Creepy Trials Guy. He showed at an Advrider function in WV last year. Same shtick.

He's an attention whore, and at one time during the MOA decided to take it upon himself to try and "teach" how to pick up a bike. Lady tried, popped a disc in her back (her words), and was carted off by the EMT's.

FWIW, when I started looking at a GS that was deliberately laid down -- it had "don't worry, I always sleep like this" and other such messages written on it -- the owner showed me how to pick it up, then let me do it myself. I'm grateful for the chance. Same technique that Skert was using later the same day....

KBasa said:
we should start with that hodag guy, but he'd have to attend an moa function first.

when is the board meeting in west bend?
I have several grievances to air

OUTBACKUFO said:
The GS stands for Girth and Sustenance :laugh

That must be why I get all those e-mails about increasing this and that. :laugh

I've seen the laid down GS guy as well. I was volunteering last year when he had his bike in the bike show. People would come and tell me his bike had fallen over. I'd just laugh and say he was a goob! He also has his oil filler cap epoxied shut, I guess he turns it over on the handlebars and seat, like we used to with bicycles, and fills it up from the drain hole. :laugh

To each his own I suppose.

Kevin

Kev95GS said:
...I've seen the laid down GS guy as well. I was volunteering last year when he had his bike in the bike show. People would come and tell me his bike had fallen over. I'd just laugh and say he was a goob! He also has his oil filler cap epoxied shut, I guess he turns it over on the handlebars and seat, like we used to with bicycles, and fills it up from the drain hole....

Wow. Wow wow wow. I still haven't been able to get over the parking on the side thing, and now the epoxied oil filler. My brain just went tilt. I'm trying NOT to wonder what other oddities characterize this man's life. I'd better get back for my Diversity Training refresher course.

soffiler said:
Wow. Wow wow wow. I still haven't been able to get over the parking on the side thing, and now the epoxied oil filler. My brain just went tilt. I'm trying NOT to wonder what other oddities characterize this man's life. I'd better get back for my Diversity Training refresher course.

I don't want to know how he eats. :ha

flash412 said:
Guys that generally don't join the MOA because they're NOT OLD FARTS.
banana.gif

Ouch, that 'un HURT!!!!

Howdy All:

I hope you are well.

I did not see anything wrong with the bike on the side. I figured the guy knew what he was doing. It was pretty clear that he meant to have it that way.

gs.JPG

Kev95GS said:
He also has his oil filler cap epoxied shut....
He has to do that. He is turning his valve cover and head and cylinder into the sump for four quarts of oil. In order to show off without all the oil escaping around the stock oil filler cap, he has to seal it shut with glue. But hey, desparate times require desparate measures, and based upon his behavior at Finger Lakes last year, he must be desparate.

Fred
R1150R - upright and glad of it!

BradfordBenn said:
What ever makes him happy.

Could be worse, he could be walking around with a funny hat on... :brad

Yeah, who was that jerk with the ears and tail on his hat? Talk about needing some attention!!! :laugh

Laying it down!

soffiler said:
These thoughts make me chuckle a bit. It makes me think how one's perception of a person can change as you get to know them. Greg belongs to our BMW Touring Club of Detroit and is a very cool guy. Greg contributes a lot to the club with his humor and willingness to volunter for extras. When he leads a group ride he is very considerate and our safety is his primary concern. Greg has taught every female rider in our club how to pick up his bike. You would not believe the look of confidence that comes over their faces when they realize they can do it. I'm still not sure just why he does it. Perhaps it fell over one day and he though, why not? When I was a kid I always dropped my pedal bike flat on the ground just out of habit and the fact it had no sidestand. :wave

Greg has taught every female rider in our club how to pick up his bike.

Soon they should be able to pick up their own! ;)

Greg placed his GS directly in front of the fairground offices.

The general manager of the facility watched as people would see the bike and pick it up, thinking they were helping.

Greg would then storm out of hospitality and proceed to scream at the good samaritan.

The GM then watched as Greg tried to "teach" a woman how to pick up a bike. She was transported to the hospital with a back injury.

Security got involved (Security chair is Seargent in Rehoboth PD) only to ask him that if he had to keep his bike on it's side that he do so at his tent. Greg gave him so much mouth that he almost got bounced from the rally, which after injuring a guest I would have supported 100%.

Your hero is my moron.

Fritzc said:
These thoughts make me chuckle a bit. It makes me think how one's perception of a person can change as you get to know them...

That's why I need to get back to Diversity Training. At the moment I've forgotten how to get over my complete lack of desire to get to know this person.

Back