Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trouble Logging In To Register?

Trouble Logging In To Register?

Am I the only one who's being completely frustrated trying to log in to the Secure Services area of the website, so that I can pre-register for the Rally?

I must have tried it at least a dozen times, all without luck. I seem to recall a similar thing happening last year. Is it me, or the system?

It says clearly in the instructions that my login name is my membership number, and that my password is the first five letters of my last name, and the first five letters/digits of my postal code (no spaces). This is all quite separate from the login procedure for these forums, by the way.
    Mark
    2015 R 1200 GS Adventure

I found you use the standard login/password combo and you get in but . . . to last year's RALLY registration. I'm going to check back later today. Perhaps this is somebody's April Fools joke? (j/k).
    Last edited by wezul; 04-01-2007 at 04:03 PM. Reason: not forum, RALLY! DOH!

trouble logging in

Mark:

Aha! I'm glad it wasn't just me. I tried to register for the Stanley Stomp yesterday, and couldn't get into secure services, so I just used snail mail. The time trade off isn't worth it, on one of my days off.

Your thread will bring it to Vince's attention.

Rinty

Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    I found you use the standard login/password combo and you get in but . . . to last year's forum registration. I'm going to check back later today. Perhaps this is somebody's April Fools joke? (j/k).

Do you mean the login name/password that you normally use to access the Forums? Maybe I'll try that, though as you say I guess I'll just end up at last year's site.

You're right; it's April Fool's Day
    Mark
    2015 R 1200 GS Adventure

Check back Monday the 2nd...first business day of the month.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '17 R12GSA (Outlaw Spirit)

Rally Rat

back to Vermont?

The only pre-registration form I have found, so far, is for the 06 rally in Vermont!

Rally Rat

the second time around

system worked perfectly the second time around; even had the correct site and state...wj

Rally Rat

Exclamation Rally Registration Tomorrow!

I contacted Sue, the Rally Chairperson, and she is under the impression that the MOA staff will post the proper on-line forms Monday, April 2nd. I too was hoping to pre-register today, but only found the Vermont-era formats posted.

I guess tomorrow is our day!

See you all at the Rally!
    Last edited by Greenwald; 04-01-2007 at 05:54 PM.

It is working fine now.

Best,
    Rob Nye
    Ambassador
    Bristol, Rhode Island USA
    Proud to move oil

Loading the Bike

email me for help

For anyone who can't wait any longer to register and are having trouble with their Secure Services login please contact me directly for help. The "default" described on the login page may not always work. For example, if you originally signed up as a member through the online system, you've ALREADY got a different login ID and password which you chose during the registration process. That's just one example of many. It's very easy for me to reset a login and/or password. All you have to do is ask! We want as many MOA members as possible happily using our online system to its fullest capabilities.

Best wishes to all,

Glenn Hanlin
    BMW MOA System Administrator

email me

Quote Originally Posted by ghanlin View Post
    For anyone who can't wait any longer to register and are having trouble with their Secure Services login please contact me directly for help. The "default" described on the login page may not always work. For example, if you originally signed up as a member through the online system, you've ALREADY got a different login ID and password which you chose during the registration process. That's just one example of many. It's very easy for me to reset a login and/or password. All you have to do is ask! We want as many MOA members as possible happily using our online system to its fullest capabilities.

Best wishes to all,

Glenn Hanlin
    BMW MOA System Administrator

email me
    Thanks for that. After numerous frustrating attempts to log in to secure services as per the detailed instructions on that page concerning what to enter as a login name, and password, I took the advice in one of the posts above. I ignored the instructions, and instead simply used the login name and password that I use to log in to the Forums. I have now registered for the rally.

I suspect there may be (many?) others like me who don't realize that they should not follow the instructions on that page, but instead use their Forum login information (or some other). This may create needless confusion and frustration, notwithstanding the fact that perhaps we should all recall this .

Perhaps we could/should expand the notes on the secure services login page? Just a thought.
    Mark
    2015 R 1200 GS Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    It is working fine now.

Best,

Yup,
    Works great, I'm registered, see you all there!

I'm IN

Funny, I logged into the registration site and registered just fine. Then tried to post on this thread and discovered I wasn't logged into the forum.

See you all in West Bend.

Holly

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
    Thanks for that. After numerous frustrating attempts to log in to secure services as per the detailed instructions on that page concerning what to enter as a login name, and password, I took the advice in one of the posts above. I ignored the instructions, and instead simply used the login name and password that I use to log in to the Forums. I have now registered for the rally.

I suspect there may be (many?) others like me who don't realize that they should not follow the instructions on that page, but instead use their Forum login information (or some other). This may create needless confusion and frustration, notwithstanding the fact that perhaps we should all recall this .

Perhaps we could/should expand the notes on the secure services login page? Just a thought.
    I'll be registering for the rally later today and will take a good look at the process.

I am sorry the instructions were confusing and sincerely thank you for pressing on and registering for the rally.

Best,
    Rob Nye
    Ambassador
    Bristol, Rhode Island USA
    Proud to move oil

So FRUSTRATING!!!!

So, I had to reset my password to log in. - Done

I select 2 adults but... the system seems to keep adding 1 toddler and will not let me only have two adults. ARGH!

I guess I'll try again later or send mine snail mail.

Very dissapointed with the online registration. It doesn't have to be so complicated.
    Brian Miller - Surprise, AZ
    2006 BMW R1200GS :: 2005 BMW F650CS :: 2005 Ducati Monster S2R