Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: local dealer

Unregistered

local dealer

Anyone out there try dealing with Franks BMW? Never met someone who doesn't want business as much as him. Charming guy.

Unregistered

Cool

Mixed reports.

BELG
    Eh, after the long, bloody hot ride up there, the free water was worth it's weight in gold...

Unregistered
    I stop in there every now and then. He does not seem to be a very enthusiastic dealer.

Unregistered

Thumbs down

Don't think I have ever had any business ever use the "f-sharp" to explain what I should do till I met this guy. Not a happy fellow.

GSCOOKEMNSTER
    Lester is Lester. I've dealt with him for 18 years/3 Beemers and he is very honest and will help you out/do you right with problems. However, if you come in with a "flatlander" attitude, you won't get far. Try to push him, and he'll tell you flat out what you can do. The man loves Beemers & old bikes, did very well setting up & greating rally goers with food & drink. He also gave a very substantial sum of money ($3,000) to the rally charity.

Loading the Bike

Thumbs up Diito the cookie monster

I've had the same experience with Lester. I've bought 3 bikes and he's always treated me fair. He doesn't like to be jerked around. When you consider that his tire distributor didn't come through for him, he was holding up pretty well.
    He even got a relative to shuttle customers back to the rally so they wouldn't have to wait while their tires were being installed.
    Sure, he may have been a little snarly by saturday afternoon, but he put in a lot of hours trying to keep customers satisfied.

local dealer

just had same experience, not one smile in the place, the metzler tire deal
    wasn't a deal, makes me appreciate Max's all the more. The Rally was GREAT,
    what a job moa does with all the preparations.

Unregistered
    He was snarley on Wed. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Unregistered
    The vibe was definitely "don't even ask". The sign they posted on the front door was your first clue - something to the effect of "it will be done when it's done".

Unregistered

Thumbs down local dealer

And having a kid behind the counter who knew nothing.. other than to say "oh this is a long day"..just isn't good business... took him 15 minutes to figure out what tires I needed and the price was way out of line. (I walked out)

And why was the big Metzeler truck sitting there..those guys weren't even installing tires, but were all set up for it.

Airborne Aviator USA Ret.

satisfied

I thought Frank's did a great job.
    Got new tires there and excellent service.
    I'd ride back there from NJ anytime for service like this.
    Anyone not pleased should try coming down here for service.

Good Job to all at Frank's!

KennyD

Unregistered

Been There....Ain't Going Back

I did the buy one get one on the metzeler tire deal. I needed new pads on the rear. The out the door price was over 400.00. Poor Customer service. I travel frequently and try to visit the local dealer when I am out. Frank's rates poor, and the Metzeler folks should get their stuff together. They were a flop.

For all you long time Frank Customers....visit others.

Unregistered

Thumbs down

the service was horrible. their attitute was worse. i heard one guy say F*** so many times, how business like is that. also did you see the mechanics, i don't think they are old enough to shave let alone drive. and for the Metzler guys, give them credit, they told me that Lester would not let them do anything. so i give them credit for putting up with his attitude. so the moral of the story is, buy your tires in another state.

Unregistered

Question

Too bad--those Metzeler guys can really crank out the tire changes.