• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"We made the paper...we made the paper!" - barely.

Media Coverage

Sitting having dinner at Al's Thursday evening, I recognised some people from my home town and sat down with them. They're HD riders and he made the comment that there must be somebody at The Burlington Free Press that rides a BMW, because the HD rides hardly get a mentioned.

Brian, as much as you'd like it, the fact is anybody off the street with $35 WAS let in to the rally. I agree that it added to the security of the place - anybody who's willing to pay $30 - $35 to get in the door usually respects motorcycles and motorcyclists enough to not go "shopping" in the parking lot.

Would day passes have been nice? Maybe - I had a friend who couldn't cough up the full rally price, her budget was too tight. Did she complain about the MOA not offering day passes? Nope.

It's also a lot easier for the volunteers to check for a single armband to allow entry instead of dealing with who's got a day pass and which day it's for, etc, etc. When that many people are coming and going it's just easier.

I think things went over great...it was great to see everybody come up to our neck of the woods.

Chris
S. Burlington

Over 9,000 attendees and ZERO reported theft.

Offering a $10 day pass to anyone who would like to attend could have a negative impact on this statistic.

One other way to look at this is $35 is about what one could expect to pay to see David Bromberg at the Higher Ground (local venue) yet for the same price you get to see and experience all that is the rally.

You could also easily recoup the expense though discounts offered by many of the vendors.

In other words we do offer day-passes for $35. Our only requirement for entry is that you ride a BMW or you have a strong enough interest to register for the rally. If you don't see the value then chances are you won't mix well with our crowd.

It is and always be a private party which happens to drop over 4 million dollars into the local economy.

Best,

robnye said:
Over 9,000 attendees and ZERO reported theft.
Wow! That's truly amazing! With all the expensive GPS units, iPods, radios, radar detectors and tank bags with cash in them sitting around, it's astounding that not a single one grew legs and walked off.

Were the "misplaced" Kermit chairs recovered after last years's concert?

Back