• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

12GSA winglets on a 1200GS

M

MRMAICO

I installed a set of Adv winglets on my 12GS the other day and the difference is amazing! In combination with my (previously installed) Givi screen I would say the wind noise is maybe 1/4 of what it was. :clap
They also eliminated the buffeting/vibration that I used to get from my helmet (HJC Symax).

Mounting was easy....just marked the holes and drilled. I used about 1 inch fender washers (just a large washer with a small hole) underneath to help distribute the forces on the fairing piece. Seems to be working fine, I can't notice any major flexing of the bodywork.

Has to be some of the best $45 I've ever spent. I can actually hear my motor now.:lol OK, it wasn't that loud before but it is ALOT quieter now.

Part numbers are:
06 32 7 657 966 screw .80 x 4
46 61 2 308 594 washer .80 x 4
46 63 7 664 846 bushing $1.60 x 4
46 63 7 694 399 left wing $17.20
46 63 7 694 400 right wing $17.20

Barry
81503709-M.jpg

81503715-M.jpg

81503711-M.jpg

81503713-M.jpg

Barry,

How tall are you? Were you pleased with your Givi windshield on its own? I just installed a parabellum- I know its too tall for me, and will take a week or two to decide if I can live with it- or move onto something else.
Thanks!
Adam

I'm 5' 10". When I first ordered my Givi last fall it was too tall for me, I had a hard time seeing over it. I was able to find out that at some point Givi started making their screens taller by about 1 1/2". The guys at GiviUSA weren't even aware of the change but were able to locate one of the old style ones for me and do a swap and that one works pretty good but adding the winglets made things so much better it's like riding a different bike as far as wind noise/helmet buffeting are concerned. My Givi measures about 18.7" and they list them now at 20.2. That 1 1/2" was just enough to make the new ones too tall for me. However I've talked to someone else the same height as me and he says the new size Givi works ok for him as far as the height.

Barry

Back