Thread: modification to a bmw

modification to a bmw

this is my first post to thiis site and i have a honest question to ask.Is it alright to modify a bmw motor cycle. I have eliminated the fender on my 2004 R110-0 S installed a blacked out wind screen.is th9is type of behavior frowned upon in the bmw world?I don't want to be laughed out of my first bmw meet.i have ordered a high handlebar kit as well.has anybody out there installed this kit on their r1100s?thanks for the reply.

Hey, welcome, Airbiz!

It all sounds good to me, mang.

I put on the BMW "Comfort" bars, which helped make me way more comfortable. I've also got a tinted screen, which I think looks cool. Did you use a rear fender eliminator kit? I think the Staintune pipes come with a pretty nice one.

Have you been to the Pelican Parts R1100S site? Those guys do some pretty amazing stuff to S bikes.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Don't worry about making mods to your bike. When you hit your first rally you'll see so many things that people have done differently on their bikes that it won't matter what you do. It's also a great way to get new ideas for stuff to do to your own bike.

thanks for the reply!your comfort bars look good . i have only had my bike 2 weeks so i m still saving for pipes. i used the stock license plate light and fender bushings to mount plate to fender holes.i will check out "pelican parts ",i have been shopping on ascycle.com.they have a pretty good selection i guess. thanks again .ride on!

KBASA how is that "corbin seat"?I took a 500 mile ride and kept pushing my right testicle into my stomach with this stock seat'.do you like the corbin or the sargent?

I have a Corbin on the S, but since I bought that seat I've put a Sargent on our RS and VFR.

It's hard to beat a Sargent for comfort. My Corbin is pretty plank-like and it has a ridge on the edge of the seat that cuts into my upper thigh. The Sargents are cushy and are shaped so they fit my anatomy pretty well.

I'd like to try a Rocky Mayer seat. Out here, they make custom seats at a couple of the rallies, the Beemer Bash and the 49er rally.

I've also added the Suburban Machinery peg lowering kit. It makes it really comfy, but still sporty. The ergonomics are almost identical to the VFR that way.

I don't think I need a bigger hammer, I just need one that fits my hand better.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

If you haven't modified it, it aint yours yet
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2019 F850GSA

Here's some more stuff about mods:

Click here
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA