• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

It's gonna be hot...

SheRidesABeemer said:
The triple H weather has left town. Now all we have is sun and blue skys. Just what we ordered. :D

Wonderful news! It's getting better on the home front too (100 yesterday, but only 88 today). I leave tomorrow a bit past noon. Should be a good ride.

BubbaZanetti said:
looks to be much milder than lima last year

vanson jacket, vanson peforated pants

i didn't get my new tires delivered in time. i won't be riding much at this rally.

Stopped by Franks Motorcycle sales today (local BMW dealer). Metzeler has a big set up there - buy one tire get the second one free - mounting and balancing while you wait. Maybe you can ride afterall!! :brad

Forecast looks as if it is changed a bit. More rain expected. That annoying little tropical storm off the coast is to blame.

dugmar said:
Forecast looks as if it is changed a bit. More rain expected. That annoying little tropical storm off the coast is to blame.

A little recap: My 6-hour ride up on Thursday was gorgeous. Maybe a little on the warm side but I'll take that for the crystal-clear blue skies that came with it. Friday dawned gray and threatening and the NOAA weather radio said 70% chance of showers. I did the GS ride, and boy did it shower on us - fortunately, we were "out of the woods" so to speak and running Rt 100 thru Granville toward lunch in Hancock when it opened up, hard. We even had some small hail. Cleared up later and we dried off pretty well. Returning to the rally, I was told it had never rained on the site. Saturday (today) was very threatening in the AM as I packed up and left. It rained, hard, as I worked my way south down near Brattleboro. Frog-strangling, zero-visibility kind of rain. I don't know for sure but I doubt Essex Junction will dodge the bullet this time. I hope the people departing Sunday get better conditions!

Back