• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

It's gonna be hot...

S

screwtop

Go figure right? This may shape up like the '99 Rally in Rhinebeck w/ temps in upper 80's and 90's. Bought a Fieldsheer mesh jacket today and I'll be leaving the Vanson home for this trip.

I'm heading over this Sunday to help out. Coming from Ontario, about a 7 hour ride. I'm probably gonna get going by 0430, just so I'm getting there when it starts getting stinking hot.

That way, dump the stich and it's shorts, t-shirt, shades, coppertone, and COLD beer.

Not necessarily in that order. :D

Be careful about overly optimistic packing. It's a PIA but bring the warm jacket and the mesh. The mountains can be chilly and you don't need that distraction when riding those twisties! :D

Don't forget the bug spray!

SheRidesABeemer said:
Be careful about overly optimistic packing. It's a PIA but bring the warm jacket and the mesh. The mountains can be chilly and you don't need that distraction when riding those twisties! :D

Good point. I'll pack the damart thermals and always have the 2-piece rainsuit as a wind break if I need it. Unfortunately, the Vanson doesn't pack well.

Unregistered said:
Forecast is low 80's. Upper 60's overnight.

Right. In Burlington, Vermont. However there's plenty of people coming across the midsection of the USA that are going to be seeing days of 90's and possibly 100's. I believe they are some of the ones who are chatting about the heat.

SheRidesABeemer said:

Great suggestion. I'm leaving the 2-piece 'Stich at home and bringing the Venting Machine (and a vest and long sleeves for evening or mountain cool). The Rainsuit will come along too.

tessler said:
Great suggestion. I'm leaving the 2-piece 'Stich at home

I'm taking the 2-piece 'stich since my other option is a Heine Gericke Dakar jacket and pants. Way hotter than the 'stich. Did four days this week in and out of Manhattan in 'stich with t-pro underneath and it was hot. I figuring I won't be any more uncomfortable at leisure than I was going to and from work :bluduh and the circumstances should be nicer.

Good rationalization, note to self: get mesh gear for next summer...

- Ross

looks to be much milder than lima last year

vanson jacket, vanson peforated pants

i didn't get my new tires delivered in time. i won't be riding much at this rally.

Venting Machin

I'm bringing my Venting Machine jacket, leather reflective pants (I've tested in hot weather of upper 80s & lower 90s, it's okay, gets sweaty)

I'm also bringing in one long sleve shirt with one thin fleece pull over in case it gets cold ... Can't trust the mother nature ..lol

I just arrived in Burlington. On the way out from South Bend, I hit a high of 117F and according to the same thermometer, it is now a nice cool 81F.

I drank eight liters of water on the way.....

Forecast is for low 80's high 70's through the rally and 20-30% chance of rain. Should be nice!

screwtop said:
Go figure right? This may shape up like the '99 Rally in Rhinebeck w/ temps in upper 80's and 90's. Bought a Fieldsheer mesh jacket today and I'll be leaving the Vanson home for this trip.

Yupp I agree. Just spend Sat and Sunday @ Sugurbush which is not far from Essex and it was easily 90 Plus.... not that i'm complaining living in the North... :bikes

Back