• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Come to VERMONT- Lowest gas prices in the NORTHEAST!

Real Gas

Not only cheap. But I here that it's additive free.
REAL GAS even.

If you are comming up RT 222 in PA from Lancaster to north of Reading high test is eather $2.99 or $3.09 this week at Sheetz & Hess (price war) that are near or on Rt222. Wawa & Turky Hill will be as cheap if they are near the above. Ride safe; Rambling Rebel

:type ...uh....what a deal! We are at about $4.50 a gallon here so we come rollin' in grinnin' :laugh ... come from Europe/UK and you'll be laughing even louder! -Bob

Bad Gas

paulfinney2 said:
Are there problems with gas additives in surrounding states?

I live in CT and run a 77' r100s. 78,000 miles, and have not rebuilt the carbs.
I do not have a problem with the gas, but do find dramatic differences in performance between brands.
A rule I try to run Sunoco 93 octane. (And a little mystery in the tank once in a while couldn't hurt.)

r100 said:
(And a little mystery in the tank once in a while couldn't hurt.)

I've heard before about running a few ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil with a tank of gas. Is this folklore or is there something documented?

- Ross

I only dispararge those who are a danger to themselves and to their fellow operators.
Same category as cell phone users, drunks, road ragers.

And here I was worrying that the Boxer Shorts had become too vanilla. ;)

I have a impossible visual going.

Big Maine Woman is rolling down I95 in the rain and flips off a bunch of clueless riders putting on rain gear under a bridge.

Somehow these clueless riders get so pissed off (as opposed to being pissed on by rain) the manage to complete their addition of rain gear, get on their bikes and try to catch Irene who is now five miles down the road.

Keystone cops comes to mind.

Devil's advocate?

Blitzkreig said:
So I heard the yankee beemers shoot the bird to bikers they don't approve of. True? :jester

FALSE!

For one, DON'T LUMP EVERY YB into that group.

For two, I am sure that iRene was just talking.

For three, it sounds like you just like to cause trouble.

PhacK :bikes

"thread hijack"

Blitzkrieg causing some stuff to be stirred up? Why does that have a familiar ring to it? Why yes, I suppose it does have some sort of historical connection to BMW. :bolt

Why not just come see for yourself what a tolerant, all inclusive group we YBs really are. And when we tell you "YOU SUCK" it really is meant in a friendly way, that being one of the highest compliments a YB can bestow upon another person. I guess it is just like the Harley thing, "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand." :D

Come to Vermont and have a good time. I am sure you can find somebody in the crowd who won't offend you. :wave

Friedle
hope to see you in........VERMONT, It's Not Flat

lots of cows equals lots of gas...cheap! Just getting the thread back on track

Blitzkreig said:
Well what a friendly and inclusive group. Can't wait to exchange "You Suck" compliments with y'all. Code of the South. If you have to ask, you wouldn't get it. :nra

Well just like you say, "If you have to ask..." You obviously don't get it! That MUST be a Southern thing!

What you fail to perceive is that we have all known each other for a long time and that we have no problem speaking our mind FREELY on OUR Message Board. Hmm, this all sounds familar to something I said to another son of the south, who had pretty much the same exact concerns as you. Almost like you were his twin or something.

And in keeping with that theme, neither of you have taken the time to fill out your profile at all. Is that the code of the south too?

I have known Irene for a long time and I am sorry, I just cannot see her flipping off anyone, even if she did say it. That is why I said it was most likely talk, and yes I take exception because YOU SAID "So I heard the yankee beemers shoot the bird to bikers they don't approve of." Talking about making a completely incorrect blanket statement!

Phil Rose

Blitzkreig said:
Well what a friendly and inclusive group. Can't wait to exchange "You Suck" compliments with y'all. Code of the South. If you have to ask, you wouldn't get it. :nra

C'mon over. I'll buy you a beer and show you some fine western hospitality. Maybe we can stop talking past each other and you can get a feeling for what these folks are all about instead of latching onto two items and thinking you have a clear view.

Some history might help you.

Once upon a time, BMW introduced the Kbike. Lots of folks thought Kbikes represented a poor direction for BMW, so they started saying "Kbikes suck". The opposite came true, as Kbikes developed into excellent machines, but by then the YBs had adopted a universal "Kbikes suck" mantra, completely in jest. That was extended to people, with "you suck" being a compliment of the highest order.

The flipping off thing came from AdvRider. There's much discussion about what it started as, but the general consensus is that while the readers were back home reading about a trip on their computer, the subject of the photo was out someplace on their bike having fun. The meaning of the finger changed from one of derision to "I know you're looking at this and I'm thinking of the rest of you. Aren't you jealous of me?"

Taken outside the context, both might seem offensive and for many folks they are. But taken within the context of the group sending and recieving the messages, they're complimentary and an acknowledgement of the riding brotherhood.

Cruise by the YB tent. We'll give you a beer and if we like you enough we might flip you off and tell you you suck. :ha

:buds

paulfinney2 said:
Are there problems with gas additives in surrounding states?

Gas mileage here in CA is typically reduced about 10% because of the stuff they put in our fuel.

At least the air is clean. :bluduh

Blitzkreig said:
Well, just call me the Devil's Advocate. So, as the Rally Co-Chair, do you endorse flipping off clueless riders? (snip)

Having ridden almost every kind of bike over almost 40 years, I find the disparing of other bikers (even clueless ones) unwise, unwelcome and distasteful. :thumb

I don't recall saying that.

I just was laughing at the idea of a bunch of morons trying to quickly get dressed in the rain to catch Irene. Every try to put a PVC rain suit on over wet leather?

Plus I have known Irene for a long time and I have recommended her to new riders for their first cross country trip. She is playing a vital role in the success of our rally.

If she flipped someone off I have no doubt they deserved it. It is her choice and I respect her for it.

On a personal level I do not endorse inciting any form of road rage.

Oh and in certain situations (round the campfire) it can be a lot of fun to recount the tales of morons as I am sure they enjoy doing the same about the arrogant beemer b*^%%h. It can be beneficial to the NOOBs too, they find out what there peers think is stupid and they can decide if they agree. The fact that most of the people we see doing wheelies in flip flops are on rice rockets and the people getting dressed under overpasses are on Harleys must be a regional thing.

Personally my moron stories are generally about the moron not the bike.

Ok?

Oh and if you really want to get all bent go re-read the story about the oak stump. In this you can find a fantastic sequence of words that I don't even have the courage to try to #*!!@$ repeat here.

So come on out to the Toy Box and tip a few :bottle

Blitzkreig said:
So I heard the yankee beemers shoot the bird to bikers they don't approve of. True? :jester
Could have been giving some fellow riders the Adventure Rider Salute, which is Similar to flippin' a bird, but not exactly the same. It conveys an entirely different message of comradship with fellow motorcyclists rather than any sort of hostility or disapproval. Dunno...I wasn't there. :dunno

Blitzkreig said:
That probably explains that nice guy in Boston who told me to "F**k myself" the other day. He was just looking out for my well being - probably thought I needed some attitude adjustment. ;)

Oh man that is funny. Give this man a cohiba, he is learing the ways of Boston.

Stay out of the tunnels.

GSTom said:
Could have been giving some fellow riders the Adventure Rider Salute, which is Similar to flippin' a bird, but not exactly the same. It conveys an entirely different message of comradship with fellow motorcyclists rather than any sort of hostility or disapproval. Dunno...I wasn't there. :dunno

yeah, yeah, that's it, adventure rider, that's the excuse i use every time :thumb

Hi,
And all the above (type of) comments are one big reason I really don't care that I'm not going to the MOA rally in VT. Maybe it's a regional thing or maybe a cultural thing. But most "Sons of the South" or sons of most anywhere seem to have some manners, which seem to be sadly lacking in the YB's. That's the way I see it from this discussion.
Regards,

Back