Thread: comfortable seat for 60/7 (1978)

willard

comfortable seat for 60/7 (1978)

dear folks, just did a 2500 mile trek. butt is sore. stock seat. need a long-riding seat for my old 60/7 (solo seat with backrest is preferable). any suggestions?
    thanks, bill brown

Consider sheepskin. Widens and cushions the seat (Also cooler).

Are you sure you want a backrest? It might not do your back any favors. An upright sitting position puts more stress on the spine. Are your bars set back?

Just my .02.

willard
    no - bars not set back - - sheepskin - - will try it...bill

Retired and proud of it MOTORMAN's Avatar
    The biggest improvement in ride comfort was putting a double saddle style seat on my old /7 that I later transfered to my last airhead. It was like night and day. The manufacturer for my seat was MAC but they no longer do motorcycle accessories.

Folks are different and have varying needs/wants for seats.

I've found that the Corbin seats make my BMWs into ride-all-day bikes. The stock seats make the bikes ride-2-hours-then-stand-on-pegs bikes. I've purchased a few new Corbin seats and been well satisfied. It may take a few months for the new Corbin seats to have a "best fit" to the frame and my butt.

I've been more satisfied with the used Corbin seats that I've purchased. They are cheaper and already "broken in".

Some folks have not been happy with Corbin, although my recollection is that the dissatisfaction is mostly with the customer service aspect. I have not had post-sale interaction with Corbin customer service, so I can't comment on that.
    Last edited by robsryder; 07-12-2006 at 02:04 PM.

The Corbin I had on a K75 was formed and I liked the support on acceleration. The sheepskin creates enough friction on your butt, you don't slide backwards.

Thats the good news, the bad news is, you can't slide your butt easily on twisties

There is a cost differential also.......

willard

thanks

dear folks, thanks for suggestions - will try sheepskin (the cheap alternative) first. bill b.

Retired and proud of it MOTORMAN's Avatar
    I have a Corbin. Until I had it rebuilt locally, it was a ride for an hour then walk a bit kind of experiance. Now with softer and thicker padding it's a far far better seat and still has the same style profile. The wife is als MUCH happier now than with the "stock" Corbin.