• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

comfortable seat for 60/7 (1978)

W

willard

dear folks, just did a 2500 mile trek. butt is sore. stock seat. need a long-riding seat for my old 60/7 (solo seat with backrest is preferable). any suggestions?
thanks, bill brown

Consider sheepskin. Widens and cushions the seat (Also cooler).

Are you sure you want a backrest? It might not do your back any favors. An upright sitting position puts more stress on the spine. Are your bars set back?

Just my .02.

no - bars not set back - - sheepskin - - will try it...bill

The biggest improvement in ride comfort was putting a double saddle style seat on my old /7 that I later transfered to my last airhead. It was like night and day. The manufacturer for my seat was MAC but they no longer do motorcycle accessories.

Folks are different and have varying needs/wants for seats.

I've found that the Corbin seats make my BMWs into ride-all-day bikes. The stock seats make the bikes ride-2-hours-then-stand-on-pegs bikes. I've purchased a few new Corbin seats and been well satisfied. It may take a few months for the new Corbin seats to have a "best fit" to the frame and my butt.

I've been more satisfied with the used Corbin seats that I've purchased. They are cheaper and already "broken in".

Some folks have not been happy with Corbin, although my recollection is that the dissatisfaction is mostly with the customer service aspect. I have not had post-sale interaction with Corbin customer service, so I can't comment on that.

Last edited:
The Corbin I had on a K75 was formed and I liked the support on acceleration. The sheepskin creates enough friction on your butt, you don't slide backwards.

Thats the good news, the bad news is, you can't slide your butt easily on twisties

There is a cost differential also.......

thanks

dear folks, thanks for suggestions - will try sheepskin (the cheap alternative) first. bill b.

I have a Corbin. Until I had it rebuilt locally, it was a ride for an hour then walk a bit kind of experiance. Now with softer and thicker padding it's a far far better seat and still has the same style profile. The wife is als MUCH happier now than with the "stock" Corbin.

Back