On the Road
Information for rally attendees
The following note was "REMOVED" from the rally site webpage. I think that it is important information for all rally attendees as it gives information for rally attendees that is both relevant and VERY USEFUL. I know Lester and he has been a generous man to me, taking care of me and my bike whenever we make it back to Vermont. He has bent over backwards to make the rally a more user friendly event and the removal of his note, I feel was unfortunate.
See you all there
Dear BMW MOA Members;
Hello, my name is Lester A. Pelkey. My family and I own Frank‘«÷s Motorcycle Sales and Service in Essex Center, Vermont. We are 3.5 miles east of the Essex Junction rally site.
As your host dealer we would like to let you know about some of the ways we are preparing to make your stay more relaxing and hopefully more pleasant.
1. Special discounts for any BMW MOA member on parts, accessories, helmets and apparel during the week of the rally. Look for our flyer for each day specials.
2. Metzeler tire will be on premise to offer tire specials, such as buy a rear tire receive a front tire FREE (mounting and balancing additional but at a reasonable cost).
3. DIY area lighted tent for parts and accessories purchased from Frank‘«÷s Motorcycle Sales and Service that you feel you could install yourself with a little help from us or a friend.
4. On site oil change and filter disposal. Do it yourself or have us do it for you at a small fee, but oil filter and oil must be purchased from Frank‘«÷s Motorcycle Sales and Service.
5. We will stock heavily trying to anticipate your needs but if our crystal ball wasn‘«÷t clear enough BMWNA will make every effort to FEDEX overnight whatever your needs happen to be.
6. If you would like to ship your motorcycle to us feel free. We will accept it, store it and pick you up at the Burlington International Airport at a cost of $50.00. Should you ride your motorcycle to the rally and find Vermont to your liking and want to spend more time here you can leave your motorcycle with us and fly home. We will ship your motorcycle home, call us for details.
7. If your motorcycle should breakdown we will make every effort to get you back on the road ASAP. Our standard labor rate of $55.00 per hour (should it not be covered by warranty) will apply.
We sincerely hope you will come and experience Vermont. The rally site is a great one. The area around the rally site is second to none. It offers something for everyone.
All of us at Frank‘«÷s Motorcycle Sales and Service will do everything in our power to make your time in Vermont as pleasant as humanly possible.
At your service,
Lester A. Pelkey
Frank‘«÷s Motorcycle Sales and Service
Lusaka, Zambia - Land of Perpetual Spring -
during the school year
Blythedale Beach, KZN South Africa - on the beach
during school holidays
Thanks for digging this out of the trash and posting it.