• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A Challenge

B

BobMielke

On a recent trip to ZigZag, OR I came across a killer omelet at the Still Creek Inn. It was the size of a huge oval plate. No mercy was given because my fellow forum readers wanted to know what happened to a picture of said omelet. I was caught with egg on my face. Go figure.

Now I went to the Helvetia Tavern in Helvetia, OR and had their "best in Oregon" Jumbo Burger. It's a half pound of beef that takes two hands just to pick up. So that I don't get flogged again here's the proof ----- shortly before it's demise.

Let's see your entries for best burger in America. The Helvetia Tavern's Jumbo Burger is my entry. Beat that!!!!

Helvetia_Tavern_2.jpg
Jumbo.jpg

Hi, Bob,
My entry for the Best Burger in America is the Cornudas Burger, only available in Cornudas, TX, about 60 miles east of El Paso on US62/180 (the highway to Carlsbad, NM). :eat :eat :eat

Nick's Tavern in Lemont, IL. A terrible ride, but a delicious burger. It converted at least one person in my house back from vegetarianism. :laugh

What they say about Texas must be true!

Damn!

That is the biggest burger that I have ever seen.! Only in Texas :clap

It takes two hands to handle a whopper. That one would need a ...

ready ....

A "FORK LIFT" ! :eat :laugh

PAULBACH said:
Damn!

That is the biggest burger that I have ever seen.! Only in Texas :clap

It takes two hands to handle a whopper. That one would need a ...

ready ....

A "FORK LIFT" ! :eat :laugh

i got it in new mexico though, not texas.

like new mexico needed another reason for me to go back there... :D

My vote is for the Green Chili cheese burger at the Owl cafe/bar in San Antonio, NM. thats right NM. On interstate 25 just south of Socorro. Best burger I ever ate anywhere. Wish I was there now. If your brother does go to Cloudcroft have him stop there on the way.

16lbs, many, many whole vegetables, enough cheese to make you blind:

bigburger3.jpg

yes, that's a pizza pan under it, i'm guessing a 16" pie

yes, those are full sized pickles on top

BubbaZanetti said:
16lbs, many, many whole vegetables, enough cheese to make you blind:

bigburger3.jpg

yes, that's a pizza pan under it, i'm guessing a 16" pie

yes, those are full sized pickles on top
Holy Smokes... and the mystery location?

tessler said:
Dude.

Those B's look Su-Weet!

I'm sending my brother over from Albuquerque to investigate...

he's looking for "Dave's Pinecone Cafe." have him get the fries too. they're cut from fresh potatoes just prior to frying. they were incredible.

nm_308.jpg

I must admit this post was fun. I can't compete with a 16 pound hamburger but my entry can be gotten 7 days a week on the regular menu. It's not only 1/2 pound but it tastes great. I can't eat the fries or onion rings but they smell grand. I continue getting my burgers from the Helvetia Tavern. Thanks for the fun responses. :violin

Bob, I don't know about a 16lb. burger (looks a bit overcooked, from the photo), but if you go to the wide spot in the road known as Hereford, OR, you can get a 5 lb. Hereford Burger at the cafe there. (You don't need the name, if you find Hereford, the cafe can't be missed.) The regular burger there is also quite good!

BTW, OR-245, on which Hereford lies, is a very nice road, and the surrounding area is great riding.

Try the Patio Cafe, right outside Deming, NM on Hwy. 26, for the best, biggest burger basket in the SW. Or their other place in Columbus, NM on Main, just down from the Post Office. Friendly atmosphere, great food; pictures just don't do it justice. :D

Green Chili Burger

My vote goes to Bobcat Bites south east of Santa Fe NM on old Los Vegas highway. Well worth the ride from Missouri. Small place, expect a croud.

ksolomon said:
My vote goes to Bobcat Bites south east of Santa Fe NM on old Los Vegas highway. Well worth the ride from Missouri. Small place, expect a croud.
Good call! Bobcat's got a great burger :thumb

based on the replies in this thread, NM is the place get good burgers...

whodathunk?

Back