• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Touring Tip

mike cousino

When you go out for a ride bring along a collapsible cooler. This time of year there are lots of roadside stands and Farmer's Markets. Stock up on fresh fruits and veggies for evening snacks.
They're the antidote for B&J Icecream, Maple Syrup, Soft Icecream Cones, Al's French Frys, Micro Brews and anything else you might choose to indulge in. :eat
Like the ad says, "Eat all you want, we'll make more!"

Good Idea;

I've got my collapsable cooler already to go. I've not carried one before, except in my trailer behind KLT(hard cooler) and this is a first for me on the R bike. The fold away one fits nicely, even with ice and cold water, etc. I just did the ice test in mine and it worked for nearly a 24 hour day with ice nearly gone. Not bad. Its near a 100+ here every day in CA. I won this soft cooler in a golf tournament a few months ago and it seems worthy to take along. Happy "cold drinks" Trails, Randy13233 :thumb

Good idea Mike! Are the strawberries ready up there? Corn cooked in the husk is great, cherry tomatoes pop in the mouth just like candy and although the Miracle Whip isn't the best for you - can't resist a vadallia onion sandwich! Baby carrots, don't forget their sweet tenderness.

If strawberries are going to be in season, a great treat is cut up bananas, oranges, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, cantalope, honey dew and peaches all mixed in together.

Another tip: Take your bottled water the night before and put it in the freezer so as the next day's ride progresses it starts to melt, but is always cold to the very end. Around here some of the Stewarts sell frozen bottled water.

lamour said:
Good idea Mike! Are the strawberries ready up there? Corn cooked in the husk is great, cherry tomatoes pop in the mouth just like candy and although the Miracle Whip isn't the best for you - can't resist a vadallia onion sandwich! Baby carrots, don't forget their sweet tenderness.

If strawberries are going to be in season, a great treat is cut up bananas, oranges, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, cantalope, honey dew and peaches all mixed in together.

Another tip: Take your bottled water the night before and put it in the freezer so as the next day's ride progresses it starts to melt, but is always cold to the very end. Around here some of the Stewarts sell frozen bottled water.

The corn in my garden here in Jersey is only up to my navel right now. Don't expect to have any to eat until Labor day. Grape tomatoes....well once they are red, anyone is welcome to ride by my house and pick a mouthful or two or three. I am going to have more tomatoes than I can handle before long. Really prolific crop this year.

Back