• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Vermont a "Plump" State?

Polarbear

Polarbear
All I've heard about Vermont and its Ice Cream, Dairies, green lush surroundings, happy cows, Maple syrup,etc etc, makes me wonder if the population there is pleasantly plump! Sounds like a "sweet tooth" kind of place, for sure. I love it. I'll just have to work out harder, after this rally or get a bigger BMW. I think we will need a workout/gym type setup at the rally for us that love good food. Maybe I wouldn't feel so guilty in Vermont, if I had an "outlet" for my pig side! Eat, sleep, ride, ride harder, eat! Any local gym's want some business? We've never had this before at any rally( a workout booth) and probably not such a bad thing,imo. I love my treats, as most do, but the body has to stay in fair shape for my Beemer, long hauls. How about it; some treadmills, etc. on site for us guilty plumpers that want to keep enjoying the good life. Randy13233/ getting older and feel'in it! :D :usa

I'm sure there are gyms in Burlington. There are also lots of things to do outdoors. Rent a bicycle and ride up a mountain. That will burn off a few calories.

I'm sure I'll find a way;

To gain a few pounds. I may do the fun run again. I've not done it in years. I like the mpc comment and LT. I never thought of my KLT and how many mpc's it gets. I'm on an R this trip, so lighter bike had better mean lighter dude riding it! :D

Polarbear said:
How about it; some treadmills, etc. on site for us guilty plumpers that want to keep enjoying the good life. Randy13233/ getting older and feel'in it! :D :usa

I hate for you to leave felling guilty so.....I got an acre of lawn and a walk-behind mower. Won't cost you a cent!

exercise

:bolt it's a nice walk up to 5 corners to the village area, then you can eat, and walk back to the rally site... :dance

Polarbear said:
All I've heard about Vermont and its Ice Cream, Dairies, green lush surroundings, happy cows, Maple syrup,etc etc, makes me wonder if the population there is pleasantly plump! Sounds like a "sweet tooth" kind of place, for sure. I love it.

Um, they don't call me the BigMaineWoman for nothing, I'm from BurlingTON.

I'm Hungry

What they say on the dark side .... Ride to eat, Eat to ride. I love one stop shopping at gas station/fast food combination places.
robert :lurk

OH My!

burlingTON? Wow, I can't wait! Mow'in grass, hmmmmm? I use a Ford Tractor at my place and have not walked it in a long time. Probably wouldn't hurt, though. Thanks for the thought, hehehe. Probably stay long for a while! I'm going to be one hungry "Polarbear" when arriving from the west coast. I don't like to eat heavy when making time, but the end of the line, Grrrrrrrrrrrr! Happy Trails, Randy13233, the "Polarbear". :eat

:bikes
Polarbear said:
All I've heard about Vermont and its Ice Cream, Dairies, green lush surroundings, happy cows, Maple syrup,etc etc, makes me wonder if the population there is pleasantly plump! Sounds like a "sweet tooth" kind of place, for sure. I love it. I'll just have to work out harder, after this rally or get a bigger BMW. I think we will need a workout/gym type setup at the rally for us that love good food. Maybe I wouldn't feel so guilty in Vermont, if I had an "outlet" for my pig side! Eat, sleep, ride, ride harder, eat! Any local gym's want some business? We've never had this before at any rally( a workout booth) and probably not such a bad thing,imo. I love my treats, as most do, but the body has to stay in fair shape for my Beemer, long hauls. How about it; some treadmills, etc. on site for us guilty plumpers that want to keep enjoying the good life. Randy13233/ getting older and feel'in it! :D :usa

Polarbear is right... one will see more plumb people than say in California, but at the same time, you will see a lot of health and fitness nuts running, jogging and/or riding bicycles (road as well as mountian bikes). Hiking the Green Mountains is very big here too, many well maintained trails exists in the mountians and maps for these can be obtained from several shops (I get mine form Eastern Mountain Sports in South Burlington).

There is a lot do here in summer. Too much, I think sometimes. Come and enjoy. However, this has been a wierd summer ... lot of rain ... so please come prepared to deal with it. Bring lots of towels.

Ride safe and have fun. See you at the fair grounds.

I work for a national clothing retailer (fall into the...) and we stock our stores based on the size profile of the area. In other words, there are skinny states and fat states. Generally speaking, the coasts are skinny and the middle is fat. I'll see if I can find out where Vermont fits. Seriously, there is bigtime science behind this stuff.

Back