• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Talimena Scenic Drive

The_Veg

D'OH!
If you're in the southeastern Ok/southwesters AR area check out this gem of a road that runs between Talihina OK and Mena AR. It's one of those protected scenic roads just like BRP, with no gas stations or billboards, just two lanes and natural beauty. TSD is 54 miles long and winds along a high ridge, offering some really great scenic views and basically no straight and/or level parts- my kind of raod! Your Beemer will feel 'in it's element' there! One of my favourite road signs is along TSD, and says something like "Caution- road steep and curvy next 13 miles."
Fall colours are spectacular up there, at least when the road dips below the cloudline. There's a state park on the AR side which has a nice lodge you can stay in for reasonable. Very few TV channels there and your cell phone will be out of range- great for getting away from civilisation! Book way early for a room during september/October though! Much nature to explore when the weather's nice.
The AR state park is where the Chain Gang holds the JailBreak In The Clouds rally BTW (nice cozy small rally too!)

runs between Talihina OK and Mena AR. One of my favourite road signs is along TSD, and says something like "Caution- road steep and curvy next 13 miles."
I'm heading east out of Colorado to ride the Talimena Parkway to the Chain Gang Jailbreak (F650 Club rally) next weekend at Queen Wilhemena State Park. But one of my favorite road signs is on Lolo Pass...
w77b.JPG

Hey Flash, were you there last year? If so I was the guy with the half-primered K100RT and the orange tent. I won the poker run too.

Back