• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Vermont road construction

V

vtpaul

Be aware, a section of Vermont route 30 is to be under construction in the next few weeks. This stretch runs from junction of route 4 and 30 north for about 13 miles. Not sure to what extent this will entail but lots of warning signs are out. It needed it too!

Last edited:
Paul, can they come up 22A to Benson, take Rt 144 across to Rt 30 and avoid it? It's a nice route past Lake Hortonia either way!

I also saw that I-89 was to be 1 lane south of Burlington. But I don't think anyone would want to ride that anyway when you got RT. 2...............

ALL,
I had planned on taking Rt. 4 to 30 then 7 from I-87. Since there will be construction on that route. I now plan on taking Exit 22 to LakeGeorge town via Rt-9N to Crown Point State Park via Rt-903, cross the bridge to Rt 17 going east to catch Rt-22A north past Vergennes and catch Rt. 7 north. My question is: Is this feasible run? Scenic by the lake and are there any construction going on there too? Thanks for your time.

tye954 said:
ALL,
I had planned on taking Rt. 4 to 30 then 7 from I-87. Since there will be construction on that route. I now plan on taking Exit 22 to LakeGeorge town via Rt-9N to Crown Point State Park via Rt-903, cross the bridge to Rt 17 going east to catch Rt-22A north past Vergennes and catch Rt. 7 north. My question is: Is this feasible run? Scenic by the lake and are there any construction going on there too? Thanks for your time.

Check the Route(s) to the Rally Site thread if you want scenic!

Good news is... fresh pavement on Route 2 east of Montpelier!!!!!

Last edited:
Fairground flooding...................

It has been about 12000-15000 yrs since the fairgrounds have been flooded. That was back when the Atlantic covered the fairgrounds.........if you dig down enough you might find sea shells.

The Faigrounds have held up quite well with our current, ongoing ,when will it ever stop, record challenging rainy weather pattern. The CVE (fairgrounds) Boards have long understood the need for a good drainage system.

I was there on Monday and the grounds were just fine, only wet with 5 inches of rain. Then Rob, Michael and I rode home in the over 5 inches of rain. My route was 7 South, to 22A south, to 22 south. and then in Granville, NY I dropped into some of my favoirtite back un-numbered roads in Washington County, coming out in Schagticoke (sp?).

Josh

mike cousino said:
Paul, can they come up 22A to Benson, take Rt 144 across to Rt 30 and avoid it? It's a nice route past Lake Hortonia either way!

If I remember correctly, the construction signs start north of Rt 144, somewhere around Sudbury or Whiting. Coming across from 22A on Rt 74 would work.

tye954 said:
ALL,

I'm confused by your route numbers. I'm talking about Vermont route 30 north from Vermont route 4.

22A is nothing special, some views but lots of trucks, frequent accidents. Cousi's secnic recommendation is better.

Update

They are putting a heavy layer of new asphalt on Route 30 as we speak, not tearing it up, shouldn't take 3 weeks to complete. That'll be a much improved route by rally time. :clap

Back