• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Shops that will service airheads, IN, KY, OH

HoosierClassic

Has anyone had good luck with a shop regarding airhead service? The since departed Cincinnati dealer installed my throwout bearing backwards, resulting in clutch failure in the middle of nowhere. Several shops have told me "we just don't have anyone to work on those old bikes". Come on now, aren't these things built to last forever? There is a new place in Cincinnati (Miami Cycle Works) that is staking out Tri State's old turf. Has anyone used them? They hired a couple of the techs from Tri State (hopefully not the one that installed the aforementioned throwout bearing). How about the Indianapolis or Louisville area? Through 20+ years of riding airheads, the only guy I really ever trusted was Jerry at BMW Indy, and he retired (as far as I know) when that shop closed. Opinions?

Re-Psycle BMW will service airheads. Their mechanic(s) seem to stay busy. It is necessary to schedule an appointment quite a ways in advance for involved service.

Owing to some pilot error (i.e., my screw-up! :) I was having some unknown (to me) carb problems with my R60/6. It only took their mechanic a short while to figure out the problem and initiate the fix. (I did have to wait about 3 months for my appointment in February, however.)

Re-Psycle always seems to have the parts that I need in stock. I haven't found that to be the case at any regular BMW dealer. That is a big plus. Sometimes when you need it, you need it now.
http://www.re-psycle.com/

HoosierClassic said:
Has anyone had good luck with a shop regarding airhead service? The since departed Cincinnati dealer installed my throwout bearing backwards, resulting in clutch failure in the middle of nowhere. Several shops have told me "we just don't have anyone to work on those old bikes". Come on now, aren't these things built to last forever? There is a new place in Cincinnati (Miami Cycle Works) that is staking out Tri State's old turf. Has anyone used them? They hired a couple of the techs from Tri State (hopefully not the one that installed the aforementioned throwout bearing). How about the Indianapolis or Louisville area? Through 20+ years of riding airheads, the only guy I really ever trusted was Jerry at BMW Indy, and he retired (as far as I know) when that shop closed. Opinions?

There's a guy in "Linton Indiana",(just outside Terrahaute Ind.) and old BMW shop which no longer sells BMW's but still services them. Can't remember the name off hand but he "fur'sure" still does airheads.
Also Gaylan Perry of "Perry's Beemer Exchange" again in Indiana near Delphi/Brookston area in Indiana.

Both places very hard to find (out in the country) but well worth the trip!

Just found a phone# Delphi Perry Beemer Exchange 7413 E 975N (765) 564-6338

BMWRich58 said:
There's a guy in "Linton Indiana",(just outside Terrahaute Ind.) and old BMW shop which no longer sells BMW's but still services them. Can't remember the name off hand but he "fur'sure" still does airheads.
T&B? They were a dealer up until '95, I think.