Thread: Shops that will service airheads, IN, KY, OH

Shops that will service airheads, IN, KY, OH

Has anyone had good luck with a shop regarding airhead service? The since departed Cincinnati dealer installed my throwout bearing backwards, resulting in clutch failure in the middle of nowhere. Several shops have told me "we just don't have anyone to work on those old bikes". Come on now, aren't these things built to last forever? There is a new place in Cincinnati (Miami Cycle Works) that is staking out Tri State's old turf. Has anyone used them? They hired a couple of the techs from Tri State (hopefully not the one that installed the aforementioned throwout bearing). How about the Indianapolis or Louisville area? Through 20+ years of riding airheads, the only guy I really ever trusted was Jerry at BMW Indy, and he retired (as far as I know) when that shop closed. Opinions?

Sent you a PM

Re-Psycle BMW will service airheads. Their mechanic(s) seem to stay busy. It is necessary to schedule an appointment quite a ways in advance for involved service.

Owing to some pilot error (i.e., my screw-up! :-) I was having some unknown (to me) carb problems with my R60/6. It only took their mechanic a short while to figure out the problem and initiate the fix. (I did have to wait about 3 months for my appointment in February, however.)

Re-Psycle always seems to have the parts that I need in stock. I haven't found that to be the case at any regular BMW dealer. That is a big plus. Sometimes when you need it, you need it now.
    http://www.re-psycle.com/

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Well it is a hike, but Surrey Motorsports in Niles, MI does some good work.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Holt BMW in Athens, OH will do work on airheads.
    Biff
    2004 R1150R Silver

There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule.

BMWRich58
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierClassic
    Has anyone had good luck with a shop regarding airhead service? The since departed Cincinnati dealer installed my throwout bearing backwards, resulting in clutch failure in the middle of nowhere. Several shops have told me "we just don't have anyone to work on those old bikes". Come on now, aren't these things built to last forever? There is a new place in Cincinnati (Miami Cycle Works) that is staking out Tri State's old turf. Has anyone used them? They hired a couple of the techs from Tri State (hopefully not the one that installed the aforementioned throwout bearing). How about the Indianapolis or Louisville area? Through 20+ years of riding airheads, the only guy I really ever trusted was Jerry at BMW Indy, and he retired (as far as I know) when that shop closed. Opinions?
    There's a guy in "Linton Indiana",(just outside Terrahaute Ind.) and old BMW shop which no longer sells BMW's but still services them. Can't remember the name off hand but he "fur'sure" still does airheads.
    Also Gaylan Perry of "Perry's Beemer Exchange" again in Indiana near Delphi/Brookston area in Indiana.

Both places very hard to find (out in the country) but well worth the trip!

Just found a phone# Delphi Perry Beemer Exchange 7413 E 975N (765) 564-6338

Blocking the slow lane
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWRich58
    There's a guy in "Linton Indiana",(just outside Terrahaute Ind.) and old BMW shop which no longer sells BMW's but still services them. Can't remember the name off hand but he "fur'sure" still does airheads.
    T&B? They were a dealer up until '95, I think.
    Jon Diaz
    BMW K75/K12GT
    BMWMOA Ambassador