• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bear Tooth pass

MCMXCIVRS

More toys than space
Last week I made a trip down through Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Washinton, British Columbia and back home to Calgary. The main objective of this trip was to cross the Beartooth Pass as I had never been over it before. I crossed into the US at Sweetgrass, turned east onto highway 87 at Great Falls ending the day at Billings MT. Day two, I stopped at Custer Battlefield, then continued down to WY, turning onto highway 14 at Ranchester. I followed it over Granite Pass to Lovell WY. from there I cut over to highway 212 to cross the Beartooth Pass. I made it as far as Gardner MT that day. Day three, I rode up to Helena MT, then over to Missoula Mt, where I caught highway 12 over the Lolo Pass into Idaho. I crossed over to Lewiston, then north on highway 95 to Moscow ID for the night. I headed up to Chattaroy WA for a couple of days visiting relatives before heading back to Canada. I crossed the border again on highway 31 and headed for Salmo BC. I rode up through the Kootenays past Kaslo and on to Nakusp. From there I went further west on highway 6 to Vernon BC, then north to Sicamous and on to Revelstoke to end day six. From there it was an easy ride the rest of the way home to Calgary for a total of just over 3900Km.

Granite Pass
Granite_Pass_04.jpg

Beartooth Pass
Bear_Tooth_Pass_01.jpg

I think youve seen this sign before ;)
Lolo_Pass_01.jpg

Last edited:
Back