• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Railroad Tracks Hazard to Motorcyclists

G

Greg Lennox

Hello, my name is Greg Lennox.

I am one the many riders that went down at the infamous railroad crossing on Highway 60 near Gauley Bridge during the MOA rally.

Some of us are considering legal action.

It has come to our attention through the AMA that this crossing has been known by the railroad company and the state to be a hazzard to motorcyclists for about 8 years. In that time frame one can only assume the hundreds of motorcycles have gone down there.

To those reading this my question is two-fold:

1. Does anyone out there know of any past or present litigation concerning this crossing?

2. We are drafting a list of riders that have had accidents there and wish to join any class action that may transpire.

If so, your name , contact information and details of your accident need to be known. Moreover, there may be some level of committment required, of what type and what level is unclear at this time because legal counsel is being sought after now. But without actual numbers and details it is difficult to get any concrete advice from lawyers. Once can only assume they want a large list of plaintiffs to make it worth their while. Therefore, it is imperative that we are contacted.

Any input (legal or otherwise) from people in the Charleston area is crucial.

Fellow MOA member Don Shapton has been pivotal in this endeavour, as he and his wife Judy went down there as well - within minutes of me.

Please contact myself care of Management Professionals Realty at mprl@echo-on.net or phone (416) 253-7164 or e-mail Don at dshapton@coslink.net.

Thank you.

Greg Lennox
MOA # 44106

Back