• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bike Races in West Michigan

El Dookey loves to ride.
This post was inspired by the Mid-Ohio superbike report. For all y'all folks within driving distance of Grand Rapids, Michigan. We have a great track, Grattan Raceway, at which to see some bike races. The track is in Belding, MI.
Grattan is a 2 mile road course in a lovely country setting.
There were 16 different bike events scheduled at Grattan between April 5th and the end of September. Among them were: AHRMA Vintage races (enjoyed myself that day); Reg Pridemore Advance Riders School; 3 Fast Trax racing week-ends with an advanced riders class on the Friday before - there is still time to get in on the last one on the 26-28th of this month; two WERA events; Ducati club 22nd annual week-end of racing; etc. etc.

The folks who own Grattan don't do diddly squat to promote the events there. I saw some racing for free, one event was $6, another was $15. I have also caught some kick booty go-kart racing (130 mph in the straight!), vintage car races, and there are SCCA and various sports car clubs that race on week-ends.

Check out Grattan at: www.grattanraceway.com

Ride up to see the races

Cliffy,
I dont think I can make the sept races this year, but next year I would love to ride up and check out a weekend or two. Nothing like a weekend of races to improve your attitude.

Back