• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Oldest bike ridden in an Ironbut?

Seldomseen

As far as distance. I would like to know if some people are still long distance touring on older, unfaired, airheads?

Why?

Because I am sitting at my desk (not working) and thinking all I see in magazines and photos are people on fairing equiped bikes. So? Who and for how many days or miles still tours on a bike without a fairing. Please post picks if possible.

Thanks

Bill

:wow

My wife and I rode to British Columbia last summer, she on an unfaired R75/5 and me on an unfaired R65. We did 2000 miles in three days on the way out......unfortunately, coming back was a whole 'nother story. :) It was a great trip until one of the bikes broke.

I also have a K75 without a fairing, which is my favorite bike out of all of them.

This one works well for me, though I kind of wish I had an Aeroflow screen. A little cleaner air and less of it would be nice sometimes. Given today's temps (100F here in SF!) no shield would be optimal.

456749-M.jpg

KBasa said:
This one works well for me, though I kind of wish I had an Aeroflow screen. A little cleaner air and less of it would be nice sometimes.
I had an Aeroflow screen for my R1100RS, and used it for one year. Then I took it off when the weather got hot, and never put it on again. It sat for a couple years till Sue got an R1100RS, and she used it one winter, then took it off when the weather got hot and never put it on again. We eventually gave it away. :)

I find the stock BMW windscreen to be plenty for me when traveling, it isnt the wind that makes me stop, it is the dang "Monkey butt" that does me in. I found out this week that I can get a sargent seat for my roadster :clap

Back