• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

"camping" What to bring?

Try to remember he's riding two up. If his SO is anything like mine, naked is all the room he'll have. :D

Uh Huh

Stuff2C said:
Try to remember he's riding two up. If his SO is anything like mine, naked is all the room he'll have. :D
Amen brotha - My old lady can rebuild her bike with what she brings along in her saddle bags.

frankiedakar said:
Hey everyone,
My girlfriend and I are making a list of items we want to to bring to the rally. What we have down so far is : motorcycle, 2 helements, tent........
This will be our 1st rally, soo i'd like to know if i could get any other ideas from past ralliers.
We would hate get up there and say,,,dang thats a good idea...or i wish we would have brought that....
see ya up there,
frankie
Mechanicsburg, Pa.

Everyone seemed to have covered the usual.
Let me add:
Flip-flops or some other type of sandle to wear in the shower area, as well as to slip on for middle of the night potty stops. :thumb

What Too Pack

My Cousin Used To Pack Old Undies And Through Them Away As You Go.. Then There Is More Room For The Cooler.. ( Ll Bean Has Great Collaps Able Coolers)

THANKS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

thanks,
Thanks for all the great ideas on what to bring. We are really looking forward to the trip.

Frankie
03' 650 Dakar

Sun hat with a big floppy brim. Don't forget sunscreen too.

Try and pack synthetic clothing. It resists getting funky better and will help your body stay cooler.

I love the Ex Officio underwear for travelling. The REI guy read the Ex Officio slogan on the box to me, "17 countries. 6 weeks. And one pair of underwear."
I added, "And one big skid mark."

Seriously... Just the opposite... You can wash them in a sink with a little soap, hang em to dry and they will be dry by morning. I'm travelling with only 2 pairs to Alaska. They breathe nicely too.

Found this packing light info:

http://www.ricksteves.com/graffiti/archives/packlight_03.htm

Chrome Dome

there's no helmet law in pennsylvania. soo for the sunscreen, i dont need any.the bald head is coppertone.

frankie
03' 650 Dakar

Also sense of humor is needed
Plus ear plugs cause no matter how hard you try, you will always camp next to someone who snores.

BEN
now thats a great idea,,,,,ear plugs :snore

frankie
03' 650 Dakar

+ i'll have some extra ear plugs for the campers around us.

MOST!!! Importantly!!! Don't bring tooo much stuff - you will inevitably find good deals at the rally and then you have to figure out how to get it home!!! :dunno Of course - that's my favorite problem to have! :dance

Good luck and Have fun!!!

Back